Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a Taurus factory 10 round magazine, I am been searching online and I have not been able to find any. I did find one site that had it listed as factory but it did not have any kind of picture so I would be hesitant to order it. If factory ones are hard to come by does anyone know what company makes a suitable replacement? I am not worried about price I want something that has good quality and will work correctly, everytime... Thanks in advance

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just went to the taurus website for the heck of it and they do sell accessories, they dont sell the gun but they do sell the magazines if anyone else had the same question. All you have to do is call CS and order it

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
That was gonna be my suggestion, customer service has alot of unlisted parts in their system that don't appear on the website. Especially when it comes to sight options, sometimes you just have to find out what your gun matches up to. But since the 92 s like their bread & butter, possibilities are almost endless.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I am looking for a Taurus factory 10 round magazine, I am been searching online and I have not been able to find any. I did find one site that had it listed as factory but it did not have any kind of picture so I would be hesitant to order it. If factory ones are hard to come by does anyone know what company makes a suitable replacement? I am not worried about price I want something that has good quality and will work correctly, everytime... Thanks in advance
If this link doesn't work, go to CheaperThanDirt.com. They list the 10rd PT92 mag for $29.99. Your icon doesn't say where you are at, but looking for 10 rounders, I must assume that 'Big Country' doesn't mean 'Free Country'. :D

2-MGTI11091 - Taurus PT-92/99 Magazine 9mm 10 Rounds Blued

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
For what it is worth I believe every gun owner-yes, that included folks in free America- should have a set of ten round magazines for their frequently used weapons, including rifles because one just does not know what can happen when traveling.Yes I feel the bile in my throat too at the thought of spending money on communist limited hardware,but bear with me: If you fly and the aircraft your weapons are checked into makes an emergency landing in some communist district such as Chicago,California, etc you could be in a legal pickle if you're in possession of high capacity magazines in the case.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Try CDNNSports.

Midway USA has Mec-Gar 10 round mags for $22.49, but on back-order. They have Taurus OEM 10 round mags for $32.99 in stock.

Able Ammo has Mec-Gar for $22.06 and OEM for $36.24.

The Gun Source has OEM for $35.35.

LG Outdoors has OEM for $33.44.

That was just the first page of a simple search.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try CDNNSports.

Midway USA has Mec=Gar 10 round mags for $22.49, but on back-order. They have Taurus OEM 10 round mags for $32.99 in stock.

Able Ammo has Mec-Gar for $22.06 and OEM for $36.24.

The Gun Source has OEM for $35.35.

LG Outdoors has EOM for $33.44.

That was just the first page of a simple search.
Thank you I think my problem is I was searching for "factory" 10 round mag instead of "OEM"

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a 10, 15 and 17 for mine and actuly prefer the 10 for plicking, it makes me slow down and do things right.

·
Administrator
17,914 Posts
Mec-Gar makes perfectly good PT92 10 round magazines. I have a set of them for shooting USPSA/IPSC Production Class with my PT92. Very high quality at a reasonable price.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
I love my 17 round magazine big ups for Ohio.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have 2 mecgar 10 rou d mags, and they are great ( a nice nickel finish to compliment my stainless PT92) they are pretty easy to find online. They even have them on amazon. Or you can order the factory blue mags directly from Taurus Customer service. As a California resident I can tell you that 17 round mags are illegal to import or manufacture in California, but not to possess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts