1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I really want one myself! Love the 92 design and like the compactness of the 917...

btw the barrel length is 109mm/~4.25" and not 4in as it says on thier US site.

·
22,058 Posts
Here is a pic of my 917cs. I don't know if it is the shorter barrel or the rail but it really feels better in my hand than my old 92. Oh and it is a sexy gun. When I walked in our local gun store and saw it I just reached down grabbed it and put it on the counter. This one is with me most of the time.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice Airwrench, how long have you had your PT917C for? :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hows it shoot and how reliable is it? How many rounds have you put through it? Its a good looking gun and I would like to pick one up for me one day.

·
22,058 Posts
I have had the 917 for about 8 months. I have put about 450 rounds through it. Some wwb and reloads. I even used it in one IPSC match just to get accustomed to it. No failures and fairly accurate. Really nothing bad to say about it. It rides in my truck with me and has rem. 115 gr. jhp loaded. That 20 rnd mag is great for self defense. Especially since the frame is the same grip size as the 92.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
It sounds as though it's ideally suited for the role you've placed it in then and the hicaps make it that much better yet. I haven't tried any of the Remington 115 HPs yet but if they're the ones I'm thinking of that Walmart carries in their 100 round packs, then they're reasonably priced and do their job well enough.

·
22,058 Posts
I am looking at the box now and it did come from wally world. Green box. Plenty of pop but not over the top like talons and such. If I am searched for some reason I don't want the officer finding some vest penatrating ammo. They might not apreciate it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
the gun is awesome...had mine for almost a year now and have about 2500 rounds thru it...only 2 jams out of all that, very easy to clean...if anybody is contemplating getting this...GO FOR IT :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
I really hope the American market gets the 917's with the finger grooves. I have the stainless pt92 but i would like to get the black 917 and get the slide nickel or chromed for a two tone look. The only problem is i would have to get another barrel in stainless steel to match and the serial # would be different on the barrel than the frame. I could get a stainless after market barrel for a 92 and have it cut down and even threaded , but that could get costly.

I suppose i could just get the stainless 917 and have the lower frame black anodized like they do on the black ones.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the 917CS with out the rail is the first model of the 917CS and the latest are the one's with rails.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The main reason i don't like plated barrels is the finish wears off when the barrel hood touches the barrel on recoil,and it could chip around the breach face where it locks up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.