Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the PT917 looks like a shortened PT92 length but retaining the same pistol grip and I have read that you can use PT92 magazines in the PT917, I would venture that after market grips that fit a PT92 would also fit at PT917. Does anyone know or think different?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Since they use the same magazines,and as i have read the same lower frame as the 92 variants, they should fit.

Also they wouldn't spend more money and time tooling the frame and molding grips that fit differently because they wouldn't make any money selling any sets of extra grips as they would already come on the gun unlike how they changed the magazine catch so if you wanted spare mags you had to buy taurus mags from them.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
far as i know 917 uses the same alloy frame, so grips should work..

@adam

taurus did not change the mag catch on the taurus from berettas design just ot sell their own mags, originally the beretta and the early taurus made 92's had a heal mag release, BOTH companies decided to change the location of the mag release at the same time, so the change happened in parallel to each other without sharing notes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I gave my wife the 917, we are currently not in the same house (long story), but I will get it back mid next week. The frame is the exact same...exact. The 917 has a slightly short slide, and 1" shorter barrel. I have both in SS. The 917 came with a 20 round mag, I use it in my 92. It's nice to be able to swap mags at any time between the two gus. Once I get the 917 back, I'll post a few pics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts