Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Received my "repaired" PT908 from Taurus and "review board" process. They said 150 rounds of flawless operation.

I still have occasional FTE. BUT now, after Taurus replaced the guide rod and spring, every third round the gun doesn't return to battery. Problem is the guide rod is sticking out a 1/2inch.

Help with any solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Did you clean it when you got it back? Make sure the spring hasn't slipped over the other end of the guide rod.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, did a detail clean upon receipt. It seems that the larger side of the guide rod comes out and gets stuck someplace inside the gun.

thanks for all suggestions for repair.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Upon closer examination, looks like the replacement spring has sharp ends that are gouging the guide rod. Also, the hole in the slide that the guide rod goes through has been enlarged to accommodate a thicker guide rod. Also the replacement spring is not strong enough to hold the slide in battery. I don't see how they got this firearm to function with 150 rounds before leaving the review board function.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today I compared the "replacement" spring with an old recoil spring. The replacement is about 3/4 in shorter and a lot softer.

I another post someone asked if it was the people or the product that's headed south. I am thinking it's the people.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
There is no way that guide rod should be sticking out that far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts