Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,,I enjoy this site,

I just bought a used 908 . I thought I saw on this sight or another that a pt92 grip will fit the 908 . Is that true? thanks for any help.
atr

·
Administrator
17,923 Posts
Congratulations on your new-to-you PT908 and Welcome to this forum!

PT92 grips will NOT fit a PT908, as they are substantially different handguns.

The PT908 is Compact Browning/Sig Short Recoil Design, with an 8 round magazine capacity. The PT92 is a Full Sized Service Pistol, using the Walther P38/Mauser Oscillating Wedge Locking System, with a 17 round magazine capacity. Hence, the PT92 grip is substantially larger.

I have both a PT92 and a PT908. Wonderful handguns, both!

·
32,577 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

www.e-gunparts.com has what you are looking for.

There are several different sets of wood grips you can get there. Their schematics have item numbers.

Click on the 908 schematic and then scroll down until you find the series of hand grips that are in a row. Clicking on the item number will tell you the price and other pertinent info.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have a PT908 also, love the little gun. It looks like a baby brother to my PT945 ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the welcome and all the info.
besides the 908 I own three other taurus models. the 96 a 22 on a 357 frame, a model 94 and not too long ago a 605ss.
When I buy a gun I tell my wife its my last, this useually gives her a good laugh.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just deposited $50 layaway of $250 a used PT908 and expect to pickup in two months. I need an advice for this gun reliability. It looks great.

·
Administrator
17,923 Posts
As for the PT908's reliability, it is excellent! Mine has NEVER jammed, FTE, or FTF! ;D

·
32,577 Posts
There are many of us who wish and have said it here and at the old defunct website that Taurus should start back up with the PT908. Same at THR and TFL forums as well.
There is a market for this.

A single stack 9mm. is a great CCW carry. Not only is it slimmer and thinner than the double stack magazine models, but hiding it and comfortable carry are bonuses.

The relative loss of several cartridges is of no handicap under most CCW scenarios. Smart people carry an extra magazine or two anyway.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Yea. I said that here a couple of months ago. Maybe Taurus can move the machinery over to Rossi. That would work. I'm ready.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts