5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good range gun or not, this is the full size that I am
asking about.
Thanks for the responses gang!:)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I don 't have any experience with the 845, but I have the 809. Its a great shooter, probably my favorite, and isn't too big/heavy to carry with the right holster..

Mine functioned flawlessly for the first 1000 rounds or so, but now I am unable to engage the safety. The de-cocker still functions, and the guns shoots just fine. It doesn't bother me enough to pay the $50 to ship it to Taurus and lose my nightstand gun for an unknown length of time. Maybe when the tax return comes in this year I will get another full size to keep in the nightstand while the 809 goes on a little vacation.

·
Registered
612 Posts
809 here as well, search around this section, quite a few 845 owners should come up. Think dadillac is the first one I've heard describe a problem with his safety (don't even use mine). Good luck, keep us posted!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Love mine, next to my 1911 it is my favorite weapon. It eats everything I feed it. Recoil is very manageable and it is accurate. I am a large person so it is a very nice carry gun for me. I need to pick up a couple of extra mags that are hard to find but this is a good dependable weapon you will not go wrong in using.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I just purchased one for less than $300. Good range gun, SD gun, carry gun. I like the all ambidextrous controls, Tennifer finish on the slide and the 12 rounds +1(!) of .45 ACP in a compact package. It compares comparably in length to the Glock 19. When the pistol is cocked and locked, the slide is locked as well, just like a 1911. I've run both brass and aluminum cased ammo through it with absolutely no malfunctions. The gun is also very accurate, has surprisingly low recoil and is a joy to shoot. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not only a great range gun but is an excellent carry gun as well
The PT845 Is quickly becoming my favorite carry piece even more so than my older PT92 and PT92FS
I am a south paw thus the reason why I am a big fan of The PT's I carry chambered the hammer down and on safe but will still fire in DA mode
I have never felt comfortable carrying cocked and locked that is why any of my carry pieces are DA/SA I also like the chambered round indicator and the mag release is reversible for the south paws and as already mentioned very accurate i like to practice rapid fire point and shoot for SD scenarios and it performs flawlessly so i do trust it as my every day carry pistol not to forget the .45 ACP has a bit more power to stop the goblins than the 9MM if the need ever arises.
Oh and also easy to field strip, clean and reassemble.:thumb:

Reactions: G8R8U2

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
There's one coming my way on Friday. Hope it's a good one.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Great range gun, great carry gun, great gun period. It's definitely my favorite pistol, and I don't just mean my favorite Taurus pistol, but my favorite pistol.

EDC004_zps5069436a.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts