Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered a stainless pt845 on grabagun.com for 189.00 plus 5.99 shipping. It shows 189.00 in the search and 355.48 in detail view but when you add to cart it comes up 189.00. 194.99 shipped :eek:

I will keep you up to date if my order goes through, but get them while their hot if it does go through.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net, and congratulations on what will be the "buy of the year" if the sale goes through!:thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was worried about the description describing a saw, so I checked the upc and it is for the pt845 we will see what happens. It looks like my credit card has been billed and I got the order confirmation, only time will tell.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sh*t, Lucky Dog!!! There wasn't another one left, I tried to purchase and it said "out of stock" but Congrats on the purchase....

·
Registered
13,871 Posts
First off, Welcome to the Forum. Hang around, join in, start reading and sharing.

Heck of a Deal !!!! Only thing better than a new gun, is a new gun at a bargain price. And that was one big butt bargain to be had. Congratulations on your new pistol.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Wow...what a score. I had a similar experieince with a set of Nike Golf Clubs I bought last summer. The website for Golfsmith had them listed for $200 but the in-store price was $300. I insisted they honor the website price and by golly, they did. By the time I got home, the website had been corrected.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky! Just called them and asked about it and said they had a computer problem that has caused many prices to be incorrect. He never said if it was for the gun or mag but would not honor the price. Dammit!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
They had a Bushmaster AR15 chambered in 6.8 on their site this AM for $71. I sent an email asking if they would honor the price and they didn't answer.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
Wow thats a great price! Enjoy it when it gets in!

That price reminds me of the old saying "Hotter than a $2 pistol" (Good Song too!)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
got the email this morning, a.) they did not actually have them in stock. b.) they would not honor the price because of the glitch in the website.

bummer but had to try, they did offer me $10 off when they are back in stock.

guess I will just have to stick with my 24/7 OSS .45 for now.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
THEY GOT BACK TO ME:

No sorry it is not correct. We are making a site wide update to our website and it has messed up some of our pricing. It should be fixed in a few hours.

Thanks,
Brent

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 10:58 AM, <wiredgeorge> wrote:
Bushmaster 26+1 6.8mm Carbine w/16" Barrel & Adjustable Synthetic Stock
M4 A3 16" 6 .8mm SPC 26RD 90298

Price listed as $71.96. IS THIS PRICE CORRECT?

·
Super Moderator
35,718 Posts
Welcome to the forum...that sounds like false advertising and could run afoul of interstate laws similar to mail fraud, especially since they ran your card. I would probably call and speak with the owner of the company and see if he decides that taking the loss on this sale might not be the lesser of his troubles. You have the transaction documented.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Welcome to the forum...that sounds like false advertising and could run afoul of interstate laws similar to mail fraud, especially since they ran your card. I would probably call and speak with the owner of the company and see if he decides that taking the loss on this sale might not be the lesser of his troubles. You have the transaction documented.
If it was just a glitch in the system, I think you'd have a hard time establishing the intent to defraud. If they in good faith refunded your money, you'd have a hard time proving any damages too. Accidents happen - especially with computers. Besides - it sounded too good to be true to begin with, and you know what they say about that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.