Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I really enjoy shooting my PT845.
The front sight is not dead center. It's off center a few centimeters to the left. I can adjust my aim to accommodate this, but I would like to center the sight.
Anyone know what size allen wrench I should use? None of mine fit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
It IS a 1.5mm but must be of high quality. A snug fit is mandatory to keep from rounding out screw.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. The 1.5mm wrench I had didn't seem to fit, and I didn't want to force it.
I'll get a better quality tool this week

Take care

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'll bet on the 1.5mm. I found that the wrench is hard to get in far enoughto get a grip on the screw. I suggest you keep scratching in there to get the glue out and when it does get a grip turn very little and go tight again, turn out a little farther and go back in again, over and over to clean the threads until the screw is fairly easy to manage. I've managed to change sights on two Tauri now, so that makes me an expert LOL.
As for moving the front sight, I'm with you on centering it and then futzing with the rear sight to get the point of impact where you want it. By The Way, the rear sight will probably take a 2.0mm wrench.
You have us wanting this to work. We'd like to hear about your success, or lack of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts