Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
​I am looking to modify my trigger for a lighter pull if possible. Has anyone done this or know of a way to do this?

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Outside of completely disassembling the trigger parts and polishing them for smoother function, i haven't seen anyone modify one for a lighter pull. If it's a new (to you at least) pistol, i would simply try running 200-300 rounds through it. It should not only break in the trigger, but make you more comfortable with the pull in general.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gun isnt new, ive put over 1000rounds through her. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with a lighter pull in one of these guns.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Ah ok, so basically what the trigger pull is now is what it's gonna be til it breaks. Found an interesting piece of info from Taurus about adjusting the trigger pull on 800's, basically they say don't do it. It effects the sear engagement and may cause accidental discharges if it's tampered with.

Here's a link to the 800 series PDF, on page 6 it talks about the trigger pull.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new here. Just bought a pt840 and I hate the trigger! I have an old mini 9 Bersa with a great pull.
I'm not a gunsmith by any means but I have taken the 840 apart and noted a couple of things that may improve
its function. The hammer and sear can be polished like any other weapon but that still leaves the LONG pull.
I will install a sleave on the hammer end of the trigger bar that will reduce the pull length and will not cause any safety issues.
Other than the trigger and loose slide, I OK with the piece...... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts