Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to take the 809 out for the second time yesterday. Put about 200 rounds through it with different kinds of ammo. I had 2 stovepipes, one with Estate ammo, and one with Blazer Brass. Not sure if they were ammo or gun issues or if it was my shooting form.
Either way, I felt like I improved a good bit over the last time I shot. From about 10 ft I was able to keep them all on target. My groups werent as tight as id like but that will come with practice. Im now fairly confident that I will be able to pass the ccw test now.

· Registered
5,933 Posts
Congrats! I have only had one FTE with my 809, and I'm pretty sure it was due to limp-wristing. It was my son's first time shooting it, and it hasn't happened since, with mine nor with his.

Reactions: leejack

· Registered
95 Posts
Yes, I will second that get a better hold of her and you will be doing pretty good. I found out my 809 had a very stiff recoil spring, I ran about 500 rounds of 124 grain though it to break it in. Know she shoots like a champ, it shoots anything I feed it. Enjoy the new piece and Happy Shooting.

· Registered
21,536 Posts
Congrats!

· Registered
518 Posts
Congrats! I use my 809 for CC and I love the weapon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.