Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am distributing some firearms from my Dad to other family members. Unfortunuately, my sister lives in Colorado with their state magazine laws restricting to 15 rounds or less. Stupid magazine laws, stupid politicians. Sigh.

I have a PT809 to pass on to her, but I cannot find any mags less than 17 rounds for the 809. I'm not very familiar with the Taurus lineup.

1. Are any other guns in the lineup mag compatible with the 809?
2. Alternately, is there a kit/baseplate replacement out there that would get me to compliant?

·
Registered
53 Posts
From my understanding the 809 only had 17rd mags, but all mags for this model are hard to find. However the TH9 is almost the exact same firearm and if I am not mistaken the mags are the same except for the baseplates. So you might consider getting this 10 round version and switching the baseplates from the current 17 809 mags with the TH9 10 rd baseplates. Not 100% sure this will work but think it's worth a try. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
From my understanding the 809 only had 17rd mags, but all mags for this model are hard to find. However the TH9 is almost the exact same firearm and if I am not mistaken the mags are the same except for the baseplates. So you might consider getting this 10 round version and switching the baseplates from the current 17 809 mags with the TH9 10 rd baseplates. Not 100% sure this will work but think it's worth a try. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I can state with 100% certainty that TH9 mags will work in an 809. I have two TH9 mags for my PT809. They are 17 round.
The mags with less capacity are for the TH9C or the 809C.
I believe you would need to get a modification done to grip length on the pistol.

·
Premium Member
4,795 Posts
Search for this:

Now, make sure this really is for the TH9 and not the TH9c, but everything I see says it is for the TH (but seriously, that could be TH-anything, including the "c" so make sure you're satisfied before pulling the trigger, literally and figuratively).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts