Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. It's been asked many times, but it is still not clear for which is the right holster for the PT809.

I know that "right" is very subjective, but the main use will be IPDA competitions, no concealed carry and it should be OWB.

Thank you!

Jose

·
Registered
612 Posts
Gots to do some searching, my man. Personally, I have two leather OWB holsters; 1 Tagua, actually listed as for XD 4" and a Bianchi. Try different ones, not a lot "specifically" for the 809 (I think IWI does list one), but you'll find something. The Tagua, by the way, may be right for IDPA, covers the trigger guard, etc. Hoping to try myself before summer is out.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well, there ya go....

·
Registered
832 Posts
If OWB IDPA is going to be the only parameters, I'd think a holster more along the lines of a Blackhawk CQC would be called for. If my memory serves me correctly a Serpa model for the 24/7 OSS is the one I use for my 809.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Oh, I see. Those hoslters designed for 24/7 OSS will also fit the 809?
I can only speak of the Blackhawk CQC Serpa fitting the PT809, not sure if all holster for the 24/7 OSS will fit it. It is the only one I use with mine and the fit is fantastic and retention is 100%. Just to clarify, mine is the full size 809, not the 809C.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I can only speak of the Blackhawk CQC Serpa fitting the PT809, not sure if all holster for the 24/7 OSS will fit it. It is the only one I use with mine and the fit is fantastic and retention is 100%. Just to clarify, mine is the full size 809, not the 809C.
I also have the CQC serpa for my 809. great fit and retention.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
I was under the impression (and from reading) that any holster for the PT24/7 G1 would work with the 800 series since it is physically same size although hammer fired rather than striker - which may mean a 24/7 holster with thumb break may not work with 800.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. I also asked the question in my introduction post. I have the 809 compact. Not alot of holstermakers makes a holster for this pistol. Would the 24/7 gen 1 or 145 serve as a comparison as manufacturers makes for them?

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
If OWB IDPA is going to be the only parameters, I'd think a holster more along the lines of a Blackhawk CQC would be called for. If my memory serves me correctly a Serpa model for the 24/7 OSS is the one I use for my 809.
Yes that is the correct one as i have one also. There is an Israeli company that makes one also for it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Morning all,

I just wanted to add to the info regarding the Serpa CQC holster. I ordered one for my 24/7 OSS Tactical 45 ACP with the 5.25 inch slide. The fit is actually better for my PT845 than the 24/7 OSS. I have not measured the width difference between these two guns, but there is a little resistance with the 24/7 OSS, and not with the PT845.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts