Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, I just got a gift from the big brown truck,,,a Blackhawk Serpa CQC Holster. The Holster is made for the Taurus 24/7 model but I heard it fits the PT809. I was able to get one for 28 bucks so I ordered it. It fits the gun excellent and carries it in a good position on the hip. The Holster came with the built in belt loops and the paddle attachment. It has a good bit of adjustability, but even though the packaging calls it a "concealment holster...i don't think so unless you are used to wearing heavy parkas year round. It is more like a duty holster. As I said it is made for the 24/7...it works excellent and fits the PT809 (probably all the 800 series) well. The only issue i see is the slide release on the 24/7 must not be on both sides of the weapon as there is a channel on the left side for that lever, but none on the right(when viewed from a shooters position inserting gun into holster.
All in all, I am happy with the holster, it will be a great range or open carry holster.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Nice! Now I'm going to have to look into one...

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sweet, nice holster. I'm gonna have to find one of those.

Tell me boy, what is the riddle of steel?

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Thanks! I was just now trying to figure out how to spend my Academy gift card and need a holster for my PT809. Thanks.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
I went with the Fobus paddle holster for the 24/7. Did a spot test in the parking lot and it fits perfectly.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i just received my serpa holster today. i went with the 24/7 OSS model as it is what the 809 was modeled after. it appears to be longer than the regular 24/7 holster as my muzzle does not reach the bottom of the holster, but clears the slide releases on both sides of the pistol. ill put a picture up for comparison tomorrow

·
Registered
703 Posts
The OSS has a 5" barrel, whereas the PT809 has a 4" barrel.

Otherwise, I hear that most 24/7 accessories work well for the PT809.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The specs on the oss and 809 state they are the same length overall so i went with that one. It appears that the regular 24/7 holster is a better fit than the oss model. Trial and error makes it easier for others on the forum to make a decision. I am even considering cutting the extra length off of this holster so it will quit bumping into things. Unless that will hurt it's structural integrity

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does anyone know if this will work for the 809 compact?
From what I can tell it would hold the pistol, but because the holster is longer for the additional barrel length it would defeat the idea of going with the C model as it would be longer than the gun itself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey I'm new here, but I haven't got my intro posted yet. I had one all setup but the screwball 'puter froze and I lost it.

So for the matter at hand I'm glad to see the Blackhawk holster. I have just this past week bought a new PT809 and am in the holster market. I looked up the Blackhawk and really like the lock built into it. I see that it runs about half the price of a CrossBreed combat cut IWB. I like the looks of it too. I'll be getting one come the first of March. Any other ideas? Thanks to all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
BTW; I bought the 840 first. But hadn't used it. I took it back about the third day.

1. I have never had a decocker on a pistole before, so trying to get a bit used to it -unloaded, no clip- the slide was quite strong for me and would be impossible for my wife.
2. Decocking it using the thumb on the hammer method, which is what I am used to. That thing would pinch the #$#$%^& out of my thumb when the hammer settled back into the uncocked position.
3. I guess I had a brain blimp when I walked out of the store with it. I didn't notice that it wasn't ambidextrous.
I went back over to the store with it and explained those things to the guy's. Seeing as I hadn't used it yet, they showed me the PT809. I went down a bit in fire power, but the slide racked like a breeze. I have always liked the DA/SA. Fully ambidextrous. Two 17 round mags. 3 different backstraps. The PT809 hammer wont try to take a hunk of my thumb out when I decock it the old time way. I'll get used to using the decocker later. I hope I don't see many reasons to have to "decock", we don't live in or close to a metropolitan area, so any threats should be few. At least not until the soon to come collapse of this country. But that is a subject for a different place on the forum. Anyway with a DA their will be very few times one would need to have a hand gun in full clock.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought the IMI holster online last week, of course right after I ordered it I found this thread! Cost was about $50. I'll put up a review when I get it, which will take awhile since they send them from Israel. If I had known I could go to Academy and found a cheaper holster that would work I would have done so! So note to myself and other forum members - search this forum first before buying anything for your Taurus!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts