Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen this particular topic in the forums I've been cruising so I apologized before hand if I missed one.

All right, I went to the range and for the first time took both of my Tauri; PT809 bought two weeks ago and my Millenium PT140 bought in 2001. This was the third time out with my pt809 and after today I've put 600 rounds down range and this time out I didn't have any issues what so ever with FT feed or fire and am much happier with the sights, yeah I adjusted the shooter. My buddy who went with me actually like my pt809 over his pt92. My problem is that while shooting the PT140 I had a couple of failure to feeds and while working the slide it just "didn't seem right". I field stripped the gun and notice that the recoil spring was bent, I put the gun back together and went home, cleaned the 809 and tried to clean the pt140. My problem is that the the slide will no longer open fully, preventing the slide open from actually keeping the slide open and there fore I can't pull the pin that allows me to take apart the gun so that I could order a new recoil spring assembly. Pictures are difficult to produce because the tension on the gun while I hold the slide open is so great that I can't hold it open and take a picture. What do I need to do. HELP.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Call Taurus Customer Service and tell them what happened and provide them the serial number. They will send you an RFA number and instructions for shipping. Ship the pistol in it's original case in a FedEx overnight box with one of the magazines back to the address they provide. The pistol has a lifetime warranty.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Call Taurus Customer Service and tell them what happened and provide them the serial number. They will send you an RFA number and instructions for shipping. Ship the pistol in it's original case in a FedEx overnight box with one of the magazines back to the address they provide. The pistol has a lifetime warranty.
+1 on that.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Excellent advice...I'd follow it. ;)

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm aware of the lifetime warranty but I guess with all the replies in favor of shipping it off, no one has any suggestions on how to strip the gun myself so that I can get at the recoil spring and simply order a new spring? Ya'll are great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts