Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this issue before? I did pick this up online and there might be just a tiny bit of gunk in after cleaning or is this a bad ejector?

·
Administrator
35,182 Posts
Did you try a different brand of ammo? I've had some ammo eject straight back, where most others ejected normally.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
612 Posts
Never had this issue with mine. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Mine will hit me in the forehead on occasion, but only ever on the last shell of the magazine. I would clean it real well and try a different ammo brand.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Never had this problem wth my 809. I have thunked myself with other guns however and those were instances where I limp wristed the shot.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Mine used to toss one straight back every now and then. Maybe two out of a box of 50.

I alwats figured it was the shell. Maybe a thinner side, uneven weight or something like that.

Thoise were factory reloads too, by the way. FMJ

·
Registered
54 Posts
Never had the problem with either of my 800 series pistols. I did have this with my Officers 1911 (not Taurus). I replaced the stock ejector with an Ed Brown model. Solved the problem.

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
Duck !

·
Registered
36,115 Posts
False Alarm!
that was a brown Pidgeon!!!!----------------:D
Ejector length/angle, extractor pressure, limp wristing or hand position, recoil sprng rate, power and weight of bullet.
take your choice ad begin checking.

Reactions: texastaurusguy
1 - 11 of 11 Posts