Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bob Morrison, President of Taurus International, said on Tom Gresham’s Gun Talk that all three of the pistols were in production now, and that they would be on the shelves in April.

This is good news if it happens according schedule..... I'd really like the 845.

·
Registered
325 Posts
845 huh? whats the cost of that gonna be i wonder? gonna have to pick up a part time job.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob Morrison said they are shooting for around $500.00 suggested retail price, so to me that means around $350.00-$450.00 real world street price. Guess we will know when they get here.

I want the 809 and 845, I have no use or need for anything in 40cal. Just a personal preference...

·
Administrator
18,108 Posts
Good News! Thanx! ;D

·
Registered
329 Posts
Those are such great looking guns....

PT145

And the PT809 from the Taurus website

Time to start saving my pennies

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it just me or does the back strap appear to be removable? As in adjustable for different hand sizes?

Notice the 2 small holes in the grip which look to me like you could change the back strap from flat to raised.

just an observation...

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Yes the back straps are interchangeable. HANDGUNS magazine has a brief article on the 800 series in the most recent issue.

You gotta love this pistol----besides looking sexy as hell it is so user friendly.
The "Glock style" take down levers are wonderful. And according to the article, they ship with three magazines.

·
Registered
190 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
You gotta love this pistol----besides looking sexy as hell it is so user friendly.
The "Glock style" take down levers are wonderful. And according to the article, they ship with three magazines.
sexy? VERY!! and 3 mags would be awsome :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a long slide model of this little gem. Hope so...

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Taurus website has the 2008 catalog on PDF. They mention something about the trigger system being able to fire 10 rounds in a sec? I think that's a bold statement but that doesn't detract me at all. With the interchangeable baackstraps it has the potential for Crimson Trace to make laser grips for it like they do the S&W M&P.

I'm not sure if I'll get the .45 or 9mm version myself. I wish two things though.

1. Offer extended mags a la the Beretta PX4 and CZ SP-01 so I can have 19 or 20 round mags in 9mm and of course the other cals too.

2. Taurus grows some cojones and offers it in .357 SIG

.40 S&W is okay but after all these years, it still just doesn't do it for me.

PS- According to the catalog the black slide is Tenifer!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HiVelSword said:
The Taurus website has the 2008 catalog on PDF. They mention something about the trigger system being able to fire 10 rounds in a sec? I think that's a bold statement but that doesn't detract me at all.
Don't forget that the Taurus 24/7 series pistols still holds the world record as the fastest semi-auto handgun...

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
You know I noticed that PDF catalogue, has a lot of blanks, and unidentifible facts and figures on some pages. Especially in the Ammo section, for Standard and +P figures. You cannot read the #'s enough to figure out what the heck is going one.

Guess I got to order the hard copy!!

·
Administrator
18,108 Posts
dgray64 said:
I hadn't heard of the 800 series. Is this an improved 24/7 pistol?
Nope! Just different. The PT800 series has a conventional hammer/firing pin ignition system and the conventioanl DA/SA trigger action.

I, and others here, expect the PT800 series will replace the current PT900 series. The PT809 has basicly replaced the PT909, the PT845 will probably replace the PT945, and the PT940 will probably be replaced by the PT840, if the Taurus catalog trend continues.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Think of it as the next most logical evolution of the 24/7 series pistols.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts