Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the single stack mags feed better than the double stack.I like Taurus and was thinking of the 745 for my next purchase,as I'm having some failure to feed problems with my PT145.

·
Administrator
40,567 Posts
My 145 has fed flawlessly for 1600+ rounds. Check out those reloads. May find your problem there.

·
Registered
876 Posts
FWIW,
I had more problems breaking in my PT745 than my PT145.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've put 75 rounds through my new PT745 without a failure of any kind. I know it's not much of a break-in, but I'm hitting clay pidgeons at 10 yards with relative ease for such a small frame pistol.

I have had issues with assembly/disassembly due to the recoil springs not contracting completely. Appears that one of my springs is spreading open a little bit at the washer in the middle of the assembly. I'm going to order a new recoil spring assembly then return mine for replacement.

I'm also hoping the single stack mag gives me just a little more concealability. Personally, I'm giving up capacity in lieu of a larger projectile in the hope that my trade-off works out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm sure I've got close to 2000 rounds through my PT145 with zero issues running all factory ammo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts