Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PT 1911 (45ACP) and was looking at getting a PT709 for summer carry, and 40 S&W's are out of the question due to bad wrists. Then I was looking at the PT145 (I like the 45ACP) single stack, and saw an add yesterday for the PT745 with specs. Looks like the PT745 is very close to the PT145 with a few differences. So I am looking for a little input from those that may have shot and/or ccw both.

·
Registered
29,918 Posts
The differences in size (width) and weight between the PT745 & PT145 are minisicule at best (1/8" and about 1.1 oz's)

So I pesonally prefer the 10+1 capacity PT145.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
The PT-745 is just a little slimmer than the PT-145 with it's double stack mag. If you load the PT-745 with 230 grain ammo and the PT-145 with 165 grain ammo both weigh about the same. Both are easy to CCW with lots of holsters available and both are good shooters once you get use to the sights....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
The 740 would make more sense to me if you want a lighter & more compact handgun than the PT145 but still packs more punch.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 740 would make more sense to me if you want a lighter & more compact handgun than the PT145 but still packs more punch.
Like I commented to in my original post the light weight pistol with the 40 would be a little two snappy for my wrist.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I was not recommending a .40 SW to you, I just meant the 740 would make more sense than the 745 to choose over the PT145 due to size.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I compared the 745 to the 145 and went with the 745 just because of the slightly slimmer profile for my CCW. I can carry in my pocket or IWB depending on what I'm wearing. Also easier to pocket carry spare magazines. I don't feel under gunned with 7 rounds on board.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have had both and favored the PT-745 slightly for carry, it's slightly slimmer profile for better grip was noticeable to me as well. Was also somewhat more reliable in single stack from my experience. Just my two cents though, many are delighted with the PT-145 which is also terrific.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
...I don't feel under gunned with 7 rounds on board.
I've never read or heard of an average civilian needing more than 7 rounds of 45 ACP in a self-defense situation. ;)

Reactions: mossy

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
I've never read or heard of an average civilian needing more than 7 rounds of 45 ACP in a self-defense situation. ;)
Just in case i need more than 7 or 8 rounds, there's another magazine ready and waiting on my weak side. Unless i'm going "light" that day and have my P64 in my right pocket and my PT22 Poly in the left. Recoil is more manageable in the left hand with the pea shooter.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The differences in size (width) and weight between the PT745 & PT145 are minisicule at best (1/8" and about 1.1 oz's)

So I pesonally prefer the 10+1 capacity PT145.
That is the reason I went with the 145. It is very easily concealed. Wear mine at 330 IWB. And with an extra clip, your ready for anything.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts