Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok guys,
got a PT745 Millineum Pro about 2 months ago. the first two magazines that came with the firearm were jacked up. one ejected about halfway before failing to fall out of the magazine well, the other would not fall at all. i put about 100 rounds through the weapon with these 2 magazines the day i picked it up. no problems chambering, ejecting, nor firing, just the magazine release issues. called taurus, got 2 magazines in 3 days. both new magazines operate how they are designed to, when the magazine release is pressed. due to this awesome ammo shortage, i havent gotten to test fire these magazines. one thing that is apparent to me is that there is a gap of about 1/16" between the bottom of the magazine well, and the top of the magazine "extension". i can push the magazines up to reduce this gap, but they reset back to about 1/16". i checked the 2 problem magazines that came with the firearm and they behave the same way. those of you that also own this firearm: is this normal? i've got several glocks, and a taurus 740, none have this issue. wondering if anybody else has run across this. thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
With my 745 I have found that I have to keep the magazine release held in for the magazines to drop free.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the magazines release fine. thats not the problem. just curious about the gap, and the magazine being able to be pushed up.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Hi Jonathan and welcome to TA.net.

You might want to go back and edit your post a bit. I'm not picking on you but profanity is not allowed as per forum guidelines.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
It's not about the children; it's about expressing yourself and presenting your problems/views/solutions without the use pf profanity.
^ this.

Not prudes, but it's easier to ask and answer clear concise questions that are not "spicy". :)

But back on topic... how do you like the745? I've been using a 740 and REALLY like how it feels and handles. Have you fired many other small 45's?

Almost forgot ... Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
It's not about the children; it's about expressing yourself and presenting your problems/views/solutions without the use pf profanity.
I agree with all of this but will also add that, yes, children do come to this forum and we need to be sensitive to that.

If we knew only adults would be online perhaps the standards might be adjusted for a "mature" audience but with children reading all this we need to remain "G" rated (ok sometimes it admittedly gets "PG" rated around here ;) ).

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Taurus, bring back the 745 it's a great pistol.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Last week, went to the range w/PT745 Pro, G4G30, M&P 9c (current EDC... but most of my handguns are on rotation).

I like my PT745 Pro, however my shot placement was awful compared to the G30 & 9c. In fact, my G30 shot placement was so good that after several mags fired I shot a fist size hole through the target center (bye-bye bullseye). On PT745 Pro, the trigger was gritty & not a smooth pull. This is the third time I've shot my PT745 Pro at the range (purchased NIB). In all fairness, my 9c has the Apex DAEKit (trigger) & well, Glocks have an excellent trigger axn straight out of NIB. I love the fit of the PT745 Pro in my hand. Plus, I see no reason to get another .45acp single stack handgun. Ive never had any kind of malfxn w/PT745 Pro. BTW, the figure 8 Heini sites just don't work for me since they give me double vision. I used a perm blk marker to darken out the rear sight... this helped. Yet, much prefer the TruGlo TFO's on my Glocks & M&P. A little small but I like the factory Tritinium Sites on my EMP9, too.

Don't misunderstand, my PT745 Pro has been very reliable & is a keeper.

*I have no plans to do the trigger enhancement fluff & buff, yet may take it to a Gunsmith for same.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts