Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the semi-auto section, but didn't get much response.

I bought one of these a couple of months ago. With one of the original magazines the gun functioned 100%. With the other, it was more like 25%. I sent it back to Taurus and in a couple of weeks I received a new one. This one also functions 100%. I really like this little thing. In spite of its size and trigger, it shoots really well. My last trip to the range was a problem though. The slide didn't lock back on the last round, but it didn't go completely forward either. The thing is all jammed up and I couldn't get the magazine out, or the slide to move forward or back. I haven't had time to really examine it yet to see what might have broken or come loose. Has anyone had a similar problem with their Millenium Pro?

Upon further examination, it appears that the flat, L-shaped end of the slide catch has slipped out of the notch in the slide and rides against the side of the slide when it is in the up position. I called Taurus today, but didn't get to talk with a technician. They were all busy. The lady that I did talk with said that if I could remove the slide catch and send it in, they would replace it for free. That would be much better than having to ship the gun back to Taurus. The last gun I returned to a manufacturer (Ruger) cost me $48.00 to ship UPS overnight. Has anyone attempted this and can a semi-literate, reasonably mechanically inclined person do this? It looks like the hole in the end of the slide catch slips over a protrusion on the side of the metal frame, but from the parts diagram it appears that the frame assembly would have to be removed from the grip assembly to accomplish this. Does this cause all sorts of springs and other miscellaneous small pieces to fall out? Please help if you can!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Could you possibly post a picture of the items you are talking about? When I get back home (I'm away on business: Gotta love those motels!) I'll take a close look at mine and see if I can figure this out for you. If you can't post a picture, e-mail one to me at bonedigger(at)hughes(dot)net.

Todd

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks BoneDigger! I couldn't figure it out, so I took it back to the dealer I bought it from yesterday. He's going to send it to Taurus for me at his expense. Can't beat a deal like that! Now I guess I just sit back and wait. I really appreciate your offer to help. ;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts