Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't really seen this while searching. I have a recently purchased PT740 Slim that I love. The only issue I have with it is that the magazine release button is stiff and sometimes difficult to get the magazines to drop free. It is a problem across the board with all three magazines and also occurs whether they are loaded or not. Sometimes it will release the magazine but the magazine will not drop free, sometimes it will drop free as normal, but, about half the time, I need to really push it to get it to disengage. I have over 500 rounds of various types of ammo through it and it has performed flawlessly except for this minor annoyance.

I've tried really hosing the area down with Gun Scrub spray, brushing with a toothbrush, then letting it dry out. I've also tried gently and sparingly lubing it (CLP), but nothing seems to matter. Is this something that just needs to "break in" a little more? Should I just load and drop magazines for a while to loosen it up?

I don't really want to send it in for repair for something like this. I'm open to suggestions. :confused:

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Mine has a good tension to it, not to stiff but not too light.

If its bad enough that it bothers you, I'd call Taurus.

Maybe you could just sit on the couch and watch TV for a while inserting and dropping magazines from it. Maybe that will loosen it up.

Good luck with it!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found that it I push up on the magazine, it drops right out. Hmmm... Also, these are fully loaded magazines, not empty ones. I need to play with an empty one to double check.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
With one in the chamber and full load mag inserted, mine is difficult to release. Empty, slightly 'stiff', but no problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts