Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to the forum. Been a Taurus owner for a while now and love the 740. So much in fact my daughter has completed her CP and looking for herself one along with my wife. I do have a question about this model. When I purchased mine, to my knowledge, there was only the PT740 slim. Looking at these now, there is a couple of models that look very similar. the 740B and the 740FS. Could someone with more knowledge than me tell me the diffferences?

thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
First, welcome aboard! As for the different models, they are all the "Slim". The difference is the 740B is the blued version, the FS model is the less expensive version, only coming in a cardboard box and just one magazine. I have the 740SS which is the stainless slide.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave:

Sent using TapaTalk HD

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies and the welcome. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the FS has fixed sights as well. When I first got my model B I did have to make adjustments to the rear sight, the gun shot really low at 15 yds from the factory.Once adjusted, it's been fine since. That's a concern for me with the fixed rear. Anyone have any experience with the FS?

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
All the Slims in 40 cal and 9MM (740 and 709 respectively) come with the adjustable rear sight. The front is not adjustable, but Taurus has three different heights of the front sight, so that is an option if you want to raise the POI on the target by getting a shorter sight. They can be ordered from Customer Service at Taurus. As stated above, the only difference in the FS is the cardboard box and one magazine. Guns are all the same, just packaged differently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi...I would like to add a little info about the Taurus 740 FS Slim. I am a dealer and still learning the ins and outs of options that firearms manufacturers offer with their firearms. I just bought a Taurus 740 FS from Davidsons and it came with one mag and a black hardcase. Dealers buy their firearms from many different distributors and manufacturers. Almost all distributors have an exclusive "deal" they get from the manufacturer...meaning that particular distributor will carry an exclusive package offered to them only to be sold to dealers for resale to the public. An example is the Mossberg 500 Hunting / Cruiser (combo) Special shotgun, manufacturer #: 51482. This shotgun combo is offered only by Davidson Arms (Gallery of Guns). It comes with a standard stock, a pistol grip stock, an 18in CB (Cylinder Bore) tactical barrell and the 28in Multi choke barrell for hunting. So..if the dealer does not use Davidson's as one of his suppliers then he will not be able to get this particular gun to sale. If you see something you want get the manufacturer number to use as a reference when you comparison shop. This will ensure the dealer can get you the actual package you saw advertised or you may have to go somewhere else to get it. Manufacturers sell a lot of different package combinations of their firearms, you just need to know what options yor are paying for AND if you can easiliy get the accessories later if you want to save money. Hope this helps...:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.