Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
G2c PT145 MilPro
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've labeled this part II, because I know I started this before, but can't find it right now. So....had to send my PT709 back 'cause the frame cracked. Taurus was happy to replace it with a G2c. Which is on backorder. "We're shipping product daily" they say. Shipping where? My question is will it do any good to keep pestering them (squeaky wheel gets the grease)? Or just be glad they're willing to replace it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've labeled this part II, because I know I started this before, but can't find it right now. So....had to send my PT709 back 'cause the frame cracked. Taurus was happy to replace it with a G2c. Which is on backorder. "We're shipping product daily" they say. Shipping where? My question is will it do any good to keep pestering them (squeaky wheel gets the grease)? Or just be glad they're willing to replace it.
I say just keep pestering them. It won't do any good and all you'll get done it irritate some cs girls but it would make me feel better. Ahh, never mind. It'd just p**s me off even more to realize how much time I wasted. My LGS has plenty of G3s & G3cs in stock and they can't get you a G2c? Heck if I was going to have to wait I'd tell them to send me something really hard to get like a TH9c.

·
Registered
G2c PT145 MilPro
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I say just keep pestering them. It won't do any good and all you'll get done it irritate some cs girls but it would make me feel better. Ahh, never mind. It'd just p**s me off even more to realize how much time I wasted. My LGS has plenty of G3s & G3cs in stock and they can't get you a G2c? Heck if I was going to have to wait I'd tell them to send me something really hard to get like a TH9c.
Yeah, I tried pushing for a G3, and they (in no uncertain terms) declined.
I don't know what an LGS is, but we don't have them around here. I guess the closest we have is Cabela's.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah, I tried pushing for a G3, and they (in no uncertain terms) declined.
I don't know what an LGS is, but we don't have them around here. I guess the closest we have is Cabela's.
I'm sorry. LGS stands for local guns store. That's kind of crap that they can't 1) fix your 709 through their practice of not having parts available and 2) replace it in a timely manner and now want to get picky with the replacement. I can hear it now: CS Rep. "Hey Bob do we have any parts for a 709 back there?"
Stock boy: wiping the tears away from laughter: "let me look under the PT 809 mags...no you boob!"
CS Rep: "smart butt...what can we send him that won't cost us much."
SB: "G2c....but we don't have any and don't know if we ever will."
CS Rep: "that's fine, I'll tell him thats what we're sending. By the time he calls back I'll either be C.E.O or working at McDonalds."

Good luck. Problem is I really like Taurus products when they work. Just wish management was more responsive when they don't.

·
Registered
G2c PT145 MilPro
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup. Seems like that's the only song they know......
Edit: BTW, thanks for clearing up the LGS thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts