Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife just bought me a PT709 for Christmas - I pick it up Friday after work. Woohoo! :D (Coincidentally, I'm taking it to a range I don't usually visit on Saturday... so I can look at and maybe buy an old CAI ex-Chilean reimport Taurus 82 - but that's a different story).

Anyway... Am I missing something, or are the 709 mags out of production and no third-party options available?

Taurususa.com doesn't even have them in the purchasable accessory list. Everywhere I've looked online lists them, but says "no stock and no backorder". I'd really like to get one of the 9rd mags if I can (are these things unicorns? nobody seems to own one, just people bitching that they're in the catalog but unobtainable). However, even just getting one or two more 7rd factory mags would be nice... :(

·
Banned
405 Posts
Midway usually has the 7 round mags in stock pretty consistently, if not they usually let you backorder them and they charge and ship as soon as they come in. Yes the extended ones are unicorns. I kind of think if we took all the time we spend discussing/complaining about them, we could likely have designed our own.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,938 Posts
Yes, that is my experience also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Midway usually has the 7 round mags in stock pretty consistently, if not they usually let you backorder them and they charge and ship as soon as they come in. Yes the extended ones are unicorns. I kind of think if we took all the time we spend discussing/complaining about them, we could likely have designed our own.
Hmm, ok, I must have misread that site then - now I see that it does say Backorder OK. Thanks.
A mag looks like such a simple thing to make, one would think you're right about designing one :)

I really really wonder why Taurus never released it. There is probably some ridiculous BS reason - legal, IP, ...

·
Banned
405 Posts
Not in stock right now but it says 12/29:
Taurus Mag Taurus 709 Slim 9mm Luger 7-Round Steel Blue

Every other site I checked (CTD, Botach) are out of stock and no backorder. Seems like $33.99 is the going rate, I've paid that for my 740 mags both times. Another option is to call Taurus CS and see what they sell them for, I have to assume they're in stock seeing as they make the damn things.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Got mine off EBay. It was a Tauras mag.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got mine off EBay. It was a Tauras mag.
Yup, I've been searching eBay too but nothing came up yet. I've forwarded the midway link from BCM_87 to my other Christmas elves... ;)
Can't wait to run a few boxes of ammo thru it! Best start to Christmas EVER!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wife just bought me a PT709 for Christmas - I pick it up Friday after work. Woohoo! :D (Coincidentally, I'm taking it to a range I don't usually visit on Saturday... so I can look at and maybe buy an old CAI ex-Chilean reimport Taurus 82 - but that's a different story).

Anyway... Am I missing something, or are the 709 mags out of production and no third-party options available?

Taurususa.com doesn't even have them in the purchasable accessory list. Everywhere I've looked online lists them, but says "no stock and no backorder". I'd really like to get one of the 9rd mags if I can (are these things unicorns? nobody seems to own one, just people bitching that they're in the catalog but unobtainable). However, even just getting one or two more 7rd factory mags would be nice... :(
709/740 7rd mags are readily available, I have ordered several from eBay and Amazon.com. The 9rd mags the supposedly came with the G2 Slims never actually hit the market. I call Taurus regularly asking for them hoping someone will take a hint. If you're like me and need that pinky on some plastic, Adams Grips on Ebay makes the very best.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
709/740 7rd mags are readily available, I have ordered several from eBay and Amazon.com.
Whoa, your experience is way different from mine. I searched the sites I regularly visit (including amazon, ebay, ctd and a couple of others) and no stock anywhere on the 709 mag. Not only that but there was no backorder either. BCM_87's link does at least let me backorder, but still nobody seems to have the darn thing just sitting on a shelf waiting to be bought :)

·
32,527 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a used 709 slim a few days ago. No security key came with gun so I called Taurus customer service. Girl I talked to ordered me a security key and said 7 rd and 9 rd mags are on back order. I ordered a 9 round, guess I'll have to wait and see if it ever shows up.

·
32,527 Posts
Welcome to the forum,Cagewatcher.

I would think from past experience that the 7 rounders are more likely to come than any others. Finding an magazines at this late date is going to be hard to do.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got on eBay this afternoon and there was an auction that had 6. I got the fifth one and the auction was only a few hours old

·
Registered
11 Posts
Called Taurus about a warranty issue on the 709 this afternoon. She offered up two mag prices when I asked. ~$25 and ~$33 IIRC. Assume that would have been for the 7 and 9 rdrs. She mentioned nothing about B/O. I declined to buy at the time, but just assumed they had them in stock. Might check back...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts