Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
73 Posts
About a year ago the answer was no. They only had parts for repairs at Miami. But call them, maybe that's changed. There were at least two versions of the front sight then

·
Registered
239 Posts
I read somewhere on this forum that there are 3 different sites available But have no personal knowledge. A call to taurus should provide an accurate answer and how to obtain.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I know there are at least two sights; A tall and a short one. They replaced mine with the short one,
Call the 800 # in your book and ask for Susan, she seems to be the most knowledgeable and helpful;
They would have sent me the sight but she said it would be better to let them check it out; they
paid the shipping; It took about 8 days;;

·
Registered
36,455 Posts
I read somewhere on this forum that there are 3 different sites available But have no personal knowledge. A call to taurus should provide an accurate answer and how to obtain.
Correct, or at least about a year ago they made a standard (comes on the gun) a short and an extra short front sight for the 709/740.
I did know the heights but old memory got me and I did not write it down at the time!
as for installation its simple, remove the slide and barrel and you should see a screw under the slide below the front sight, screw out and screw in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts