Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
40,591 Posts
I just checked the two most common places I look for firearms. Out of stock and none available at Bud's Gunshop and Gunbroker. Seems to be a rare pistola. (PT638 )

Reactions: ICUKev

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I just checked the two most common places I look for firearms. Out of stock and none available at Bud's Gunshop and Gunbroker. Seems to be a rare pistola. (PT638 )
Yes it's very rare indeed. I think it's probably the only 380 made that holds 15 rounds? A buddy has one and he won't part with it (I've tried several times). Good luck searching the net for someone selling it. Maybe check some pawn shops for a used one?

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
I have one and I can tell you they don't come up often. I think they only sold them for two or three years, and they weren't a big seller. I got mine when they were still selling them.

The best way to get one is to set up a search on gunbroker and activate the email notification. It seems like they don't come up for a while and then there's two or three in a row. Are you sure you want one? Of more concern is magazines. They are even harder to find...and expensive when you do.

I checked my gunbroker account and there were three that came up early this year, all in the first quarter, and nary a one since. You'll have to be patient.

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
Yes it's very rare indeed. I think it's probably the only 380 made that holds 15 rounds? A buddy has one and he won't part with it (I've tried several times). Good luck searching the net for someone selling it. Maybe check some pawn shops for a used one?
The Berettas hold that many I think. But they are metal and heavy. The PT638 is the only double-stack poly frame .380 that fires from a locked breech that I know of. It's very accurate and one soft sweet shooter. Plus it's single action only.

And they are not affected by the recall/settlement. It has a blade safety in the trigger. It even has an adjustable rear sight.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I haven’t seen any on gunbroker in a while. I bought one new not long after they came out and grabbed a second store demo when they were listed as discontinued. Both S.S. and I’m not parting with them. I also grabbed some extra mags but haven’t seen any for sale lately.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Guns international or gunbroker I have found them there, Hard to find yes but not impossible. I had similar issues on the search for PT132.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Gunbroker is where I got mine (since sold it). That is the only place I have ever seen them.

·
Premium Member
5,752 Posts
Just picked one up on Wednesday from my transfer agent...from a gunbroker auction. As GW said above, there's another one on GB right now. They do come up from time to time.

The PT708 is the one I'd like to see turn up somewhere!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts