Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a PT638 about 12 weeks ago and have shot about 600 rounds through it. From the first round to the last this gun has been 6 inches off target. It's low left all the time. I need to aim up and to the right about 6 inches of where I actually want to hit. I know it's not me because I can group nicely with my Glock. I had my brother in law who is in law enforcement give this a try just to confirm and sure enough the problem still exists. I've tried to adjust the rear sights but it does nothing to correct the issue. I did notice the front sight is offset slightly to the right. I'm not sure if the front sight is adjustable? I may have to take apart the firearm and look.

Does anyone have any advice of some things to try or what could be wrong? I really like the gun but it's not very fun to shoot when you're constantly compensating for its inaccuracy.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I do not know the 638, but if the front sight is off, and there is a set screw and slot it is in, you should be able to drift it a bit. This might help, if not CS might be able to repair it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I moved my front sight slightly and adjusted my rear sight slightly. The more I shoot the gun the more accurate it gets. I've got about 500 rounds of PMC through it. I've not had any FTFs or FTEs. I'm no expert but I shoot my other guns weekly. I use the 638 as a conceal carry gun and it needs to be accurate. Maybe your 638 has some issues. I had no more issues with mine then I have any other pistols. Try the front sight adjustment. if the gun is grouping work the sights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts