Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on the forum have one of these? The Titanium construction intrigues me. But, it simply appears to be a variation on the old 9mm PT111 with the exception of a 13-rd magazine and the lack of a takedown pin. Am I missing something?

Is it true DAO - like the original Milleniums and Millenium Pros (I have a PT145 that is true DAO), or is it the SA/DA like the 24/7 Pros and Millineum Pros currently in production?

I've located one of these -- and if the titanium construction lessens the weight as compared to a PT111 and it has a decent trigger, I might place an order.

I conducted a search - but didn't uncover much here...

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well, from what I saw, it has a rail, Pretty coloring, and light weight. Of course, some of the web site info is missing, and possibly incorrect. Only way to know for sure is to see the gun, put hands on it.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I received my PT-609Ti yesterday. My dealer special ordered it for me. I purchased it mainly because it was DAO and was an intriguing color.

Now the good part----It was not "shadow gray" as the Taurus website pictures. It had a black polymer frame with a titanium slide that looked exactly like the PT111 Ti.
I didn't get to pull the trigger to see if it was truly DAO since I asked my dealer to return it. I'm not knocking the gun at all---just knocking the fact that I didn't get what I wanted. It was a mistake on the part of Taurus for putting that picture on the website when a different pistol is shipping. My advice----CALL TAURUS before you order something that you can't see firsthand and ask them whatever qustions you may have about the product. You'll be a lot happier than I was. :)

BTW---this is NOT a complaint...just my experience. ;)

IT DOES HAVE A TAKEDOWN PIN.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I located a source that has some in stock. I got the same description. For $430 -- I'll pass...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts