Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Can I get some help with holstering a 605 SS?

First, I'm really not interested in any handmade holsters at this time or anything that doesn't have thumb retention. I already have a pocket holster, in fact 3 of them.
I also have an OWB ebay special for a S&W 638 I used to have but its cheap and exposes the hammer.
I'm interested in a Desantis Thumb break scabbard. No other retention system. With no mods to make it work.

So far I have emailed the Desanti company and they responded with a sorry Charlie no gots for the 605, not even a suggestion. However, I have read somewhere in this forum
that some have; used a Desantis for their PT85 that should fit, another I read here claimed to have a .327 thumb scabbard which fit the 605 (same frame he said) with no stock number mention.
Never does anyone give stock numbers, just a pic. And another said his Dasantis was for a J-frame with hammer. Some have said the J frame ones should fit others have said they dont.

First the 85 is 2.2" shorter and 7 oz lighter than the 605 how would the thumb strap fit tight or room for the cylinder....?. The closest J-frame is the model 60 but no mention for that one either on the desantis site tho Desantis do carry the holster for generic
J-frames with hammer. I have spent several hours scouring. I have no qualms getting a thumb scabbard that doesnt mention the PT605 as a fit, if it works I'll try it. But I need some voices of experience with a more detailed description so I can find that particular one.

Can I get a little help from the brain center? I want to OWB carry EDC not only pocket. I dont want to expose barrel, the trigger needs covered and a thumb strap.. Fit like a glove. Anyon have success stories about what Desantis thumb scabbard worked for them?

Thanks

CTBob in Commieneticut.

·
Registered
427 Posts
About 10 years ago i purchased a retention holster from Krammer (I believe it was Krammer Model 81 - but that was ten years ago).

I have used this holster for my Taurus M-85SSCH and later for M-605. There is no strap but the holster is such that it functions securely. If I was so agile I could do the FBI flip dance and the weapon will remain in the holster. The 85/605 are J-frames and therefore any J-frame holster should work.

·
Super Moderator
35,540 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hello

Can I get some help with holstering a 605 SS?

First, I'm really not interested in any handmade holsters at this time or anything that doesn't have thumb retention. I already have a pocket holster, in fact 3 of them.
I also have an OWB ebay special for a S&W 638 I used to have but its cheap and exposes the hammer.
I'm interested in a Desantis Thumb break scabbard. No other retention system. With no mods to make it work.

So far I have emailed the Desanti company and they responded with a sorry Charlie no gots for the 605, not even a suggestion. However, I have read somewhere in this forum
that some have; used a Desantis for their PT85 that should fit, another I read here claimed to have a .327 thumb scabbard which fit the 605 (same frame he said) with no stock number mention.
Never does anyone give stock numbers, just a pic. And another said his Dasantis was for a J-frame with hammer. Some have said the J frame ones should fit others have said they dont.

First the 85 is 2.2" shorter and 7 oz lighter than the 605 how would the thumb strap fit tight or room for the cylinder....?. The closest J-frame is the model 60 but no mention for that one either on the desantis site tho Desantis do carry the holster for generic
J-frames with hammer. I have spent several hours scouring. I have no qualms getting a thumb scabbard that doesnt mention the PT605 as a fit, if it works I'll try it. But I need some voices of experience with a more detailed description so I can find that particular one.

Can I get a little help from the brain center? I want to OWB carry EDC not only pocket. I dont want to expose barrel, the trigger needs covered and a thumb strap.. Fit like a glove. Anyon have success stories about what Desantis thumb scabbard worked for them?

Thanks

CTBob in Commieneticut.
There is no way the 605 is 2.2" longer than the 85. The only way it is 7 oz heavier is if the 605 is being compared to an 85 ultra light. Now having said that, the 85, 605, 327, .32 H&R mag (I forget the model number), 94 and 941 are all small frames. If the guns are configured the same, as in fix sighted snubbies, they will work in the same holster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts