Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a reason why there is not a pistol of similar dimentions, weight and style as the pt58 but chambered in 9mm?
i know of the short lived beretta brigadier. i thought i had found it in the taurus 917c but from the helpfull pics on this site the 917c looks to be a large frame pistol.
considering a pt58 for the wife to enjoy at the range. but a compact taurus 92 sure would be nice...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have shot the pt111. father in-law has one. i liked it. but i'm shoppin for the wife and shes a little recoil shy. guns are like cars or anything else, they are a combination of form and function. its my humble opinion that there is no better lookin pistol (form) than the taurus 92. i like it even better than the beretta. frame mounted safety/decocker is the way to go. but...the thick 19rd grip of the 92 combined with the 9mm recoil is too much for her.
i know the answer. "go rent multiple guns and see what works best for her." but i just like getting ya'lls feed back and this is more fun than work. :)

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Delta103 said:
i have shot the pt111. father in-law has one. i liked it. but i'm shoppin for the wife and shes a little recoil shy. i know the answer. "go rent multiple guns and see what works best for her." but i just like getting ya'lls feed back and this is more fun than work. :)
A very good friend of mine, said if your picking out you wife's gun, your sure to screw up.

PT111, recoil? I got a 22 magnum that kicks more. Unless your gonna load her up with 147 JHP +P. (there is not need for that anymore). Wife's father owns one, You have shot it. How about the wife?

The full size frame might be ok for her though. 917 felt nice in my hands, or wait on the 809, or 709. Different strokes there.

I will not attempt to buy my wife a gun, she will have to try them out herself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx robby.

its kinda like the husband who gives his wife a bowling ball, with his name etched on it, as a gift and says "if you dont like it i guess i could use it"

she has not shot he pt111. wife stays with babies while us boys go play. we'll make the time soon.

cant wait to handle a 917 myself but have yet to see one.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
is there a reason why there is not a pistol of similar dimentions, weight and style as the pt58 but chambered in 9mm?
i know of the short lived beretta brigadier. i thought i had found it in the taurus 917c but from the helpfull pics on this site the 917c looks to be a large frame pistol.
considering a pt58 for the wife to enjoy at the range. but a compact taurus 92 sure would be nice...
917 uses same full size frame as Beretta/Taurus 92...

The PT58 is a .380 which is less powerful and shorter (OAL) round than 9x19. If you want a 9mm 92 design look for 92 compact (both Taurus and Beretta used to make them)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts