Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a PT38 at a local gun shop today in stainless for $395 out the door. I was tempted but didn't do it. 38 Super is one of the few pistol calibers that I have no experience with. All I know is it's pretty darn difficult to get good factory ammo and I don't do any handloading...yet. Feedback on this pistol would be appreciated since there is only one other post on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a black PT 38S for awhile and loved it, I never had one problem with it. Had to buy expensive factory mags for it but I just got it over with and bought them. It was really accurate and functioned perfectly and the 38 Super caliber is fun to shoot, somewhere between 9mm and 40 caliber. Sold it because I bought it new off GunBroker and the seller didn't say anything about the accessory rail but I tried to get use to it but finally couldn't stand the rail, forgot what I paid for it but if I ever find one without a rail I'm buying it. The 38 Supers are a limited edition and I just called Taurus and he said some at the beginning were made without the rail but many have the rail so he wished me luck finding one without. I used Magtech ammo which you can get at http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=875411&t=11082005 and I also found it at my local Sportsmen's Warehouse, never had a problem with Magtech. If you like the look and feel of it I wouldn't hesitate buying one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have one on its way should be here tomorrow.I am looking foward to it.already have ammo it showed yesterday.BTW wonder if you could mill off rail and refinish frame.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I talked to Larna at Ford's Custom Gun Refinishing (www.fordsguns.com) who I've done business with a few times and they can take the rail off but they weren't sure about the price. I'm thinking about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.