Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont see any PT25 for sale in stock online. I see lots of PT22s and PT25 polys. Was the standard PT25 discontinued or whats the deal?

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
I think both the PT22 and PT25 have been superseded by the poly models. (I could be wrong- I often am...) If so, what a shame. They were strikingly good looking and my PT25 is very reliable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep the Poly is all I see available. I wanted a 25 acp but may have to settle for a 22.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
According to the 2015 Taurus catalog, the PT25 was discontinued. For 2015, only the 25PLY & 25PLYSS will be available. In typical Taurus fashion, that means that the production on the PT25 series probably stopped sometime last year. I have both but it forced to favor one it would be the 25PLY.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I just dont completley trust polys long term durability. I have a couple of poly guns, but i often wonder if it be shootable in 50 years.

·
Registered
36,663 Posts
I guess I just dont completley trust polys long term durability. I have a couple of poly guns, but i often wonder if it be shootable in 50 years.
Not a concern for me as I am quite positive that in 50 years I will not be able to shoot!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
will you be shooting in 50 years? funny how a water bottle is pollution for a century but a gun made of the same material is flimsy and
won't last.

·
32,654 Posts
Either the PT25 or the PLY25 will makes for a excellent gun.

The PLY will hold up and there has been no data to date that shows that not to be true.

I have the PT22, two of them, got rid of the PLY22 ( for another Taurus), and find them to be great guns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts