Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to clean my PT25 Magazine for the first time yesterday. I assumed it would be as simple as other magazines I've disassembled in the past....my mistake. When I finally got the body to come apart from the base, it exploded into 5 pieces scattered around the table. After cleaning it up I worked for 2 hours trying to get everything to go back together. No luck. The owners manual is useless. Even the diagram is wrong as it shows a screw going in from the bottom of the base when (mine) goes in from the top, with no info on how to get everything put back together.
Anyone on here have any experience with this? I think the PT22 uses the same kind of mag. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The follower should only go in one way. The springs should go in so it pushes up on the front of the follower, not the back. There should be a metal plate that goes under the spring at the bottom of the magazine with the bump on it facing down so it can lock into the magazine base plate once slide on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
adam731432 said:
The follower should only go in one way. The springs should go in so it pushes up on the front of the follower, not the back. There should be a metal plate that goes under the spring at the bottom of the magazine with the bump on it facing down so it can lock into the magazine base plate once slide on.
well said a big +1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts