Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm not Taurus owner yet. Trying like hell to get a good deal on PT24/7 pro in 9mm.
my dealer wanted $475 NIB. I've talked him down to $388. is that about right price?

I've also wants to get some review and aftermarket support for this gun, like sight option, use of tactical rail, and holster option(specialy with raser sight on it)
This is going to be my CCW. I'm getting it to replace my useless as selfdefence PA63.
How are these gun? I like everything about it - Specialy the manual safety.
If it wasn't for the manual safety, i'd have gotten XD9 or S&W MP bynow. But overall fit and balance is far better with 24/7.
I specialy like its smaller then avg 9mm(like XD 5" - which i wanted to get, M&P, or my current Beretta 92F/S Inox) size makes it better gun to ccw then my beretta, and still use 9mm, and full ammo capacity, and it is excellent quality, unlike that of my PA63.

Only things it scares me that i've read few story about FTE, stove piping, and things like trigger broke. I know taurus has lifetime warrenty. But i've also read someone posted somewhere that it took 3 months for them to repair it

So hopefully, I'll know more about this firearm before i'll get it in about week or two

Whats your opnion on this gun? i like to get input form person who actualy shoot this weapon - rather then input from magazine shooter(who knowlege is based sololy on what they read on magazine, that have never even shot one)

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Listen, remember that not all negative posts are the product of good experience. It's good that you ask here where you will get information from those who know these guns well.

As far as the price, I've seen prices as low as $367 at Academy. I bought a 24/7 9mm (not the pro model) for $299 from CDNN.

·
32,528 Posts
www.budsgunshop.com is another place to purchase a PT if interested. Like all mechanical tools. Some will have problems. Sometimes it is the user and some times the tool needs fixing. The DAO trigger for example has many people hitting low. Minor adjustments to shooting technique and experience of use will straighten out many problems.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I really like my .45 pro!!! I had to get the mags replaced because some of the first ones had soft springs. Thats why some owners had problems. The new ones are ok. I could not find a pistol that I liked better than the 24/7. Even my diehard Colt,S&W and Glock friends like it! :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just bought one on sale for $310. Scheels has it for $379 regular price, so I think your dealer is overcharging.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts