Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mine is a PT24/7 PRO .45 cal.. im new with this FA. i would like to know what are the pros and cons about it. will somebody give me some advise? thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Reading several different forums....the only reoccuring complaint seems to be feeding problems with certain types of ammunition. Other than that it seems to be well liked.

tex

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the 24/7 in 40S&W and have had no problem at all yet. I have only put about 50 rounds through it though. Just bought some brass and ranier 155gr CPFPs and will get those loaded up and take it this weekend. I wanted to get the 45ACP model, but no one around me had one for a reasonable price so settled on the 40S&W. Good round, used by a lot of the LEA's around Denver. By the way, the 50 rounds were Winchester White box 165gr FMJFPs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have the 24/7 Pro .45,400 rounds with lead,jacketted,hollwpoints no problems at all.Like it a lot better than the XD 40 I had,although the XD was A great gun also.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT WAIST YOUR TIME WITH THAT TECAPP WEBSITE!!!!

that is a few Taurus bashers who keep posting under different names to bash the 24/7 for one reason or another and has nothing to do with the actual pistol lol

do a search for "the firing line" and "the high road" forums and search those for actual owners of the 24/7 pro .45 like myself who will tell you it is an awsome weaon for a great price which makes for an outstanding deal

·
Registered
10 Posts
while i have no experience with the .45, i do have a 24/7 .40.. i have fired a little over 600 rounds with no problems. i have owned several other weapons, including a glock, baby desert eagle, sig and a cz.. while they all were great pistols.. the PT is superior in many ways.. especially when it comes to accuracy, handling and feel..

·
Registered
171 Posts
The only problem i have had with my .45 is when i get about 100 rounds into continuosly shooting, the feed ramp seems to get dirty and it SOMETIMES starts to cause nosedives. I think it is the feed ramp cause once it starts happening, i clean the feed ramp with some solvent and brush it to a shine and it is back to shootin flawless. I can trust it as a carry weapon because the feed ramp obviously wont be dirty while im carrying it (unless for some reason i get into a gun fight :shooter: haha and i end up using a butt load of ammo somehow considering i will only carry 24 rounds on me, nor do i believe this would EVER happen.) Anyways, small problem that is easily fixed. Other than that, this gun ROCKS! you will deffinately be happy with your purchase!

JT

·
Registered
514 Posts
Only problem I had with mine was the frequency of misfires during the guns first 100 rds. It seems to be a common issue caused by all that grease they pack in. I would suggest you thoroughly clean the gun and try to remove all the grease right away. Maybe even take the time to go through and clean out the striker pin channel and spring. The gun's been great though, I'm at around 1300 rds with zero malfunctions besides those first misfires.

·
Registered
509 Posts
At worst you may have a magazine issue but that is all.
They are god little guns.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I love my Pro .45. I had a tough time learning to use the straight eight sites, but after I learned how to use them, I'm very accurate with the weapon. Everyone who has seen it at the range, on the Army base I shoot at, has said they like it. A couple guys there have one too.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Vismin said:
Wow Bulldog...you sure think highly of 'em. :thumb:
Hey now, I went through 2 boxes of 40 Cal, Fired 2 12g shotguns and was playing with a 22 and a Charles Daly 45!
It was a long evening at the range!
I wrote it after that session, I was high on smokeless powder!
BUT, My 24/7 .40 cal was fun and not one problem with it so it is almost God like in its performance!

·
Registered
509 Posts
247pro45 said:
The only problem i have had with my .45 is when i get about 100 rounds into continuosly shooting, the feed ramp seems to get dirty and it SOMETIMES starts to cause nosedives. I think it is the feed ramp cause once it starts happening, i clean the feed ramp with some solvent and brush it to a shine and it is back to shootin flawless. I can trust it as a carry weapon because the feed ramp obviously wont be dirty while im carrying it (unless for some reason i get into a gun fight :shooter: haha and i end up using a butt load of ammo somehow considering i will only carry 24 rounds on me, nor do i believe this would EVER happen.) Anyways, small problem that is easily fixed. Other than that, this gun ROCKS! you will deffinately be happy with your purchase!

JT
Put a drop of fine metal polish on the ramp and buff it with a small polishing wheel until it is slick again.
That will end your 100 round feed ramp issue.
Yes I know they are polished from the factory, but this does help as it gives a final finished polish.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I began having the feedin issue on my 24/7 .45cal after the initial 200 rounds. found a kind soul at another site that recommended tearin down the mags and cleaning and lubing them. Well, being lazy, i just put a few drops of gun oil into the corners of the mags and worked the insert a few times. also cleaned and relubed the slides with the same oil. Wal-la thing worked good. Went from Blazer to Winchesters (white box) and not 1 problem since. Even qualified for my ccw with this bull: flawless. Yes the sights take gettin used to, but what I have found is not to concentrate so hard on the '8'. drop the front dot between the uprights and 'goal'. you'll hit everytime. With the 'long' trigger, just pull back till you hit resistance, the finish aiming before pullin the 'boom' switch. that seems to help with the low and to the left.

sorry to ramble, but theres my 2 cents from a Taurus newbie.

·
Registered
171 Posts
TheBulldog said:
Put a drop of fine metal polish on the ramp and buff it with a small polishing wheel until it is slick again.
That will end your 100 round feed ramp issue.
Yes I know they are polished from the factory, but this does help as it gives a final finished polish.
Wont it end up just gettin dirty again after about 100 rounds? Or does the polish act kind of as a protectant? Either way, it will deffinately help with the issue, thanks for the great advice Bulldog!!!

JT

·
Registered
509 Posts
No. ot just makes the ramp smoother.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts