Taurus Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased two Taurus 24/7 Pro series pistols. One, a 9mm and the other a 45acp. After a thorough cleaning and oiling per the manual , I took them both to my local range for a test run. The 9mm would go about five or six rounds OK and then jam. Thought it may be the ammo so I switched brands--same results. I then tried the 45acp and it ran fine for 23 rounds and then I started getting light primer hits about every other round and would have to try to fire the same round again and again with no results until I removed the round and racked another in its' place. The pistol locked up on me after another 5 rounds and it would not function at all. The slide could not be moved. To make a long story short, I returned both pistols to the gun shop where purchased. They were apologetic and said they would return them to Taurus for repair. I said that if they were not reliable from the factory, I did not want them back, because you can't trust your life to a pistol that works only some of the time. I think I will be much happier with the Glock 21SF in 45acp as they are known for their reliability. Taurus has lost a customer forever, and I would advise anyone who is considering a Taurus to look elsewhere. In my opinion they are JUNK!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I too am sorry you had problems. What are the chances two new 24/7 in different calibers failing? Sounds like user error. I really do not think Taurus will miss you. Good luck over at the Glock forum.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Forgive me for asking but can this post be deleted? I mean, seriously, I'm all for making a decision and sticking to it but I would not waste my time or anyone else's by making one post on here about how Taurus sucks and then move over to another forum.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Agree mrglock! I believe I would have asked for help or tried to find out something, I doubt the shop will give his money back. Really I wish I or allot of you gents could get some of these guns I would bet we could fix 99% of these with no parts. Here I go again :soapbox:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
mrglock said:
Forgive me for asking but can this post be deleted? I mean, seriously, I'm all for making a decision and sticking to it but I would not waste my time or anyone else's by making one post on here about how Taurus sucks and then move over to another forum.

I read the thread and seriously considered your suggestion. Although I am in favor of not wasting other peoples time, I also don't want to accuse someone of typing a bunch of B**L S**T about Taurus Firearms even if it does appear to be totally ridiculous. I have decided to not remove or lock this thread simply because I think most of the real Taurus owners will realize the post for what it probably is... (BS). I would be happy to see a bill of sales for the Taurus pistols purchase or a return ticket, etc... simply because it would be nice to know how the process went.

Despite my personal thoughts on this thread, I would like to try and remain unbiased.

That being said, if FLYER or one of the other staff have a different opinion please feel free to act accordingly.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Did you mask BS!! Gee! I was wondering what his dealer was gonna do for him, but he is gone!! Never to return!! Heck my first one I had to return without firing a shot, and had 2nd one with a broken in manufacture, Mag.

I not belly aching about it and I know it was taken care of as fast as dealer could.

·
32,811 Posts
He'll be back. They always are. Even if it's lingering or lurking. We do keep tabs on the goings on to a certain extent.
I agree with the rest of you on this.

·
32,811 Posts
Anyone who would believe this tripe or will point to it and say they saw it here as proof would be foolish to the extreme. Most people are smarter than that.

·
Administrator
40,853 Posts
"Well...bye. (Curly Bill Brocius, Tombstone the movie.) :drool:

·
Registered
123 Posts
If I could spare the $ for 2 pistols I'd never complain about anything.Think he'll buy 2 Glocks?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To all of you who graciously replied, good or bad, to my post of 12/2/07 concerning the two Taurus 24/7 Pro's I had bad luck with.
1.The gun shop I patronize gave me the full purchase price back and I used that to purchase the Glock 21sf.
2. To whoever said it sounded like bulls--t to him obviously has his head up his a--. Would you trust your life to a pistol that runs sometimes?
3.The new Glock ran flawlessly out of the box.
4. And, I do have the original receipts for both Taurus'.
5. I appreciate you gentlemen who have wished me well with the Glock.
6. I would guess I have more experience with firearms than those who made ridiculous remarks and said it sounded like BS.
7. I simply made a mistake in choosing Taurus, based on price and looks. You usually get what you pay for. I did!

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Please, by all means excuse us for your ever knowing knowledge!

It sounds to me like you made your mind up before ever buying the guns and giving them a chance.

On yet another note ... I hope you didn't expect to get a warm welcome coming on a Taurus forum pissing and moaning about how junky a gun it is. I mean seriously ... come on, you asked for every bit of this.

I have no sympathy and figure you will be better off somewhere else anyways.

Thank you for your time.

·
32,811 Posts
That was one bet no one took and rightfully so. He was back.

Disrespect of people and their choices is the name of the game had he proved that point over and over. Too bad they feel a need have to do it.

Working through things is what one does and he didn't.

Over at THR and TFL forums Glocks are going through a plethora of problems.

Then there's another thread dealing with Taurus quality and Kimbers were mentioned. There's a link where even Kimber takes a royl drubbing.

Seems the custom shop only shooters and Springfield only crowd jumped on Kimber.Brutal would describe it best.
There's an eclectic bunch here who own a wide variety of brands,makes,and models of pistols and revolvers.
Then there are those who own Taurus only and have no reason to look further.

Nothing wrong with any of that. For some reason the fact that there is an overall ownership of all brands,makes, and models never seems to enter the troll's mind. Nor can they let others be happy with their choices.

Defaming,causing grief,leaving misery in their wake, and total disrespect are what trolls and bashers are about. Again these points were driven home by another troll.

Expect he'll be back again because know he has an excuse or "just cause". Isn't rationalization a fun thing folks?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yeah to Qwicks and Flyer :clap: I see you came in with Email hidden and what I see this was first post, just figure out the rest yourself, and if you hate Taurus and left group what the hell are you doing back?
You super intelligent Glock owner.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
DonM said:
To all of you who graciously replied, good or bad, to my post of 12/2/07 concerning the two Taurus 24/7 Pro's I had bad luck with.
1.The gun shop I patronize gave me the full purchase price back and I used that to purchase the Glock 21sf.
2. To whoever said it sounded like bulls--t to him obviously has his head up his a--. Would you trust your life to a pistol that runs sometimes?
3.The new Glock ran flawlessly out of the box.
4. And, I do have the original receipts for both Taurus'.
5. I appreciate you gentlemen who have wished me well with the Glock.
6. I would guess I have more experience with firearms than those who made ridiculous remarks and said it sounded like BS.
7. I simply made a mistake in choosing Taurus, based on price and looks. You usually get what you pay for. I did!

I believe I may have been the one that mentioned that this could be more BS bashing, that sadly we get here from time to time by people that just want to bad mouth Taurus for whatever reason. I am personally glad you are happy with your new Glock, generally they are fine firearms and I have owned several over the years. As for experience with firearms... You really don't want to go there with me, I am a smithy, an instructor, plus I have and do use firearms professionally and I happily rely on my trusty Taurus firearms. Now since we don't need to get into a pissing contest because it is pointless. I'd like to move on with this discussion.

If you'd been around this forum longer and had a better first experience with your Taurus firearm you would understand why we are and can be somewhat defensive in regards to extremely negative and somewhat amazing post from a brand new member to the forums. My apologies that we all got off to a bad start, and that if we came off sounding somewhat ruthless in defense of our Taurus firearms. Taurus does make very fine firearms and has no more problems then any other firearms maker (including Glocks), despite your bad experience.

Now if you would indulge me for a minute, please step back and think about your 1st post. It does sound extremely hard to swallow when read by other people that own and shoot Taurus firearms. I am surprised that the gunshop actually eat it $$$ on both Taurus pistols they sold you, since they are now used firearms and legally they had to buy them back from you. But I suppose that was your good fortune and once again I am happy to hear that you enjoy your Glock.

Lastly, I'd like to offer you an invitation to hang around here and get to know us better. We do talk, own and shoot more then just Taurus here.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Enough said by the ones that have been there, and done that and have owened and shot many brands. Age and experience speeks, only ------ refuse to listen. Sorry to the group, I get wound up sometimes.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.