Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I decided to go full monty (think of my avatar, please) and go for the whole ten rounds with my PT-22 magazine mod.
This time I completely disassembled the spare mag I modified to hold nine rounds as described in a previous thread by
pushing out the bushing holding the plastic follower in the mag to allow cutting another quarter inch or more off the
tongue the spring wraps around on it. It works so freaking good and it's a thrill to see eleven rounds in a row popping out
of the little bugger!

Update 6/9/2013

Fired a total six magazines full of 10 rounds each (CCI Standard Velocity LRN) with all four modified mags through one of my PT-22 yesterday without a single failure. Two of my shooting buddies want to buy my PT-22 now. Nope..

Reactions: Fatboy

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here ya go..

Attachments

Reactions: chicharrones

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
thanks i did the 9 round had no problems will be doing this next

jhp

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just be careful about which way you place the spring on the follower cause the end of the spring can poke out through the follower guide slot and hang up. Also, be sure to wear some cut proof or leather gloves when sliding the base plate back onto the mag case as it can be painful. And in doing that I held the spring down using a small screw driver stuck through the mag slot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just scored an old stainless PT22 off gunbroker, and I'm a tinkerer at heart. This magazine mod is tempting! Is it hard to do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts