Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I've been very busy of late, but had a chance to shoot the PT1911 AR in an IPSC match yesterday.

The first round was rather difficult. Due to the lack of practice and unfamiliarity of shooting the weapon under stressful situations, I felt like I was all thumbs. I held the 1911 like I would my polymer pistol... with my thumbs forward and slightly pointed up. This caused several accidental activation of the safety and some failure to eject. Shot ~175 rounds of 230gr @ 875 fps ammo.

The second stage was a bit better. Less malfunction but accuracy was a bit off... not due to anticipation, or the sights, but because I had to shoot through a barrel and the barrel retained the 45 ACP brass and seared some flesh.

Next stages were a joy to shoot. The added heft of the 1911 and the rail really made the big bore a pleasure to shoot. Follow-ups were quick and easy to control. Getting major power factor with the 45 ACP also helped with the gamesmanship of going for a safer C zone shots on some targets while only losing 1 point vs 2 points or worse 10 for hitting the no-shoot if I were shooting minor power factor.

Went through ~175 rounds total and after the first 50 rounds (when I decided to put my thumb on top of the safety) zero malfunctions. No FTF, FTE or FT anything. The sights took some getting used to, but were quick and spot on. Ambi safety is a not issue, still tight and crisp in function.

Total round count = 600, satisfaction = total.

Cheers,

·
21,943 Posts
Good to hear. I plan to enter single stack with my Taurus. I shot a couple of steel matches with the Springfield and I really like the 1911 functionality. I have been shooting limit 10 with the M&P .45 and have been pleased but I think the 1911 is the best .45 platform.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the report. I'm planning to shoot my new PT1911 in our next IPSC match.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts