Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a blem 1911AL from Kygunco. Don't know how many they may have and how long they'll be available. Who knows if it'll actually show up but I'll post pics when/if it does.

They also had a PT945 listed as available. No image but did have a listing.

Good hunting!

·
Super Moderator
36,488 Posts
Nice find! Looking forward to the baby pictures.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Congrats ! Can't wait to see yours. I bought mine in 2008 and it's still a keeper. I've made some mods to it, nothing huge but just little things that make it mine. Mine is an ALR, it has a rail.
Nice pistol! How many rounds do you think you have through that 1911?

·
Registered
36,479 Posts
I just ordered a blem 1911AL from Kygunco. Don't know how many they may have and how long they'll be available. Who knows if it'll actually show up but I'll post pics when/if it does.

Good hunting!
NEW GUN??
I mean those have been discontinued now for many a moon---seems strange a Blem would show up now?
I picked mine up From Larrys in Aly - bamy back several years ago for 450.00 bucks.
been a really nice 1911 and worked great right out of the box, don't think I have done a single thing to it?
Did put some new grips on her!
that aluminum alloy saves a bunch in weight.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,488 Posts
Whoa! I would say it's a "tough" 1911!
My PT 1911 SS has the same or more round count also. I only replaced the recoil spring at about 5500-6000...it doesn't get as much action since I've laid off USPSA.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Administrator
35,443 Posts
My PT 1911 SS has the same or more round count also. I only replaced the recoil spring at about 5500-6000...it doesn't get as much action since I've laid off USPSA.
I've replaced some innards, don't get me wrong, I replaced the recoil spring as well, and I have replaced the full length guide rod with a GI guide rod and a new spring cap. I've replaced the mag springs with Woolf springs, and also bought some higher tension mags from Wilson and Woolf. I was having enough issues with nosedives there for a while to where I was on the phone with LoudViking a couple of times discussing things to try. It's important on these 1911's to keep the mags and springs in really good working order, and I found that out the hard way but that was the operator (me) and not the gun. Once I figured out what was going on, I fixed it and it's once again a real shooter.

It also helps to remember that 1911's are not meant to be babied into action. Rack it hard, smartly, pulling it back fast and letting it go, allowing it to push that first round into action.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts

Good hunting!
Did you get your 1911 yet?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you get your 1911 yet?
Well, my LGS received a delivery. It was a Taurus 1911 but it wasn't the AL. It was actually a 1911BHW which has the walnut bulls head grips. However, it had the factory plastic grips installed. The walnut ones were nowhere to be found.

I refused the transfer and contacted KYGunCo. After explaining the situation and providing a screenshot of the description which read PT1911AL and had the AL pictured, they agreed to credit my Discover card upon receipt of the pistol. It took a few days time, but everything is straight now.

I'll try them again in the future. And looking is half the fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts