Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a PT1911 yet. Looks like I may after lunch tomorrow. After beating the wife into submission, I think I may take the plunge. My gunshop/range owner has four PT1911s. One blue, two stainless, and one blue with factory laser grips. First I have heard of them. Taurus doesn't manufacture the grips, but they are installed at the factory. Pretty cool though. I had no idea Taurus had any PT1911s with laser grips from the factory. Shop owner said they were hard to come by for him, but had been around for about a year.

Anyone else know about this?

Registered
I've seen 'em with the CTC LaserGrips. How much does he want for it by the way?

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think around $670, not certain on that, I think I may go back for the stainless.

Registered
Smoke I do not think you will be disappointed with the stainless. I really like mine. And remember if it isn't steel, it's not real. :D

Registered
Smoke, welcome to the dark side. You will enjoy your new purchase. Let us know how you like the laser sighting.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank ya'll! I went down to the range and left with the stainless. No laser site. Shot sweet. Had a racer run out on the range about 40 ft away, at about round 15 and took the shot. Missed and he was gone. But had I fired a few more rounds first, I think I could have gotten him. Oh well. Really like this thing so far. Just gonna have to get out and play with it. :thumb:

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A racer is a non-venomous snake. Very common in these parts. Get quite long, but not very fat. Incredibly fast. :shooter:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts