Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's considered one of those customized features, but I wish the PT1911, was offered without the front slide serrations. Of course mine has them, they're not really an issue, other than aesthetics. I'll never part with my pistol, but had the option, or entire abscence of these things been there, I'd have liked it better.

Registered
Now that you mention it Smoke, does anyone ever use the front slide serrations to operate the slide?
I rather doubt it. Speaking for myself, I wouldn't think of putting my hand on the front of slide to pull it back.

Registered
It's not aesthetics but a useful feature on a 1911 with a full length guide rod to press check the chamber for loaded round.

Within a 1/8" of rear ward movement the 1911 will not release the hammer.

You need to keep your finger off the trigger, the safety in this case is between your ears.

Registered
I am actually the same way. Also, I prefer straight and not slanted rear serrations just like JMB intended!!! :D

Registered
The front serrations are about like the "squared" trigger guards makers started putting on pistols in the 80's.

A useless appartition some marketing genius dreamed up that customers really don't want (not to mention Heinie straight 8 sights).

If you don't believe me Google images of the Pontiac Aztec...how it ever got produced is a wonder...

Registered
The front serrations are about like the "squared" trigger guards makers started putting on pistols in the 80's.

A useless appartition some marketing genius dreamed up that customers really don't want (not to mention Heinie straight 8 sights).

If you don't believe me Google images of the Pontiac Aztec...how it ever got produced is a wonder...
I actually quite like my straight 8 sights. Forward slide serrations and cars with tents dont concern me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts