·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Well, I suppose they will put the stainless models out for purchase
pretty soon, now. But, sad to say, I gave up on the wait. Two
days ago, I sprung for a Springfield Champion Loaded model, stainless
steel with four inch barrel.

I suppose I might still get a Taurus stainless 1911 some time down
the road. But, it will not be any time soon.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Thanks for the link Hanzo.

I see from the pics, they've increased the size of the
case for the stainless models (and perhaps the newer blued ones)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
mrglock said:
Man, I want that guy's job on Gun Blast!
So does everyone else. I actually met Jeff Quinn at the SHOT show 4 years ago. He's down to earth and quite knowledgeable.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Posted some pics from the review on another site and a few gun snobs were saying that the gun has poor fit :/

Just wondering does other (blued) PT1911’s have a better fitted beavertail? Also do all of them have the ejector sticking out at the end of the slide like that?

wouldn't really bother me just want to know :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Gray_Wolf said:
Posted some pics from the review on another site and a few gun snobs were saying that the gun has poor fit :/

Just wondering does other (blued) PT1911’s have a better fitted beavertail? Also do all of them have the ejector sticking out at the end of the slide like that?
You can actually answer your question looking at pictures we post of our 1911s

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=2155.30

The guys at Gunblast are usually pretty good about noticing if fit is poor and would say something. They didn't. The pictures do look bad, but from reading the Gunblast review the SS version is pretty good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I still can't believe they didn't release this in time for Christmas! LOL yeah yeah, I know, not many folks get guns for Christmas..... But still!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I sure would like one for Christmas. Might be a better world if more people gave guns as Christmas presents, especially shiny new stainless ones. ;D

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
If Santa were to drop one in my stocking with a couple of 8 round magazines, I'd not complain. :p

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Here's a thought, what kind of grips go best with a SS 1911? I have Delta Elite grips on both my Blued 1911's, thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
On my last 1911 I had clear Aluamgrips on it. The aluminum grips looked cool on the stainless gun.

Did some digging and managed to find a pic of the gun with the grips on them. These were smooth thing grips that I got when I was trying to minimize the thickness of the gun. I'd still look at the thin grips but wouldn't go totally smooth for a carry gun.
http://www.alumagrips.com/

Steelheart

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
My PT1911B sports these Hogue wraparound rubber grips:

If I get a stainless PT1911 I'll either buy a second set of Hogues or
a set of these Pachmayr American Legends (which was initially the set that was going on my PT1911B)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts