Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ill be refinishing mine soon, wear areas are everywhere on my PT1911, the finish is just too thin. while i will have mine polished and deep blued, i'll be posting the pics on possible finishes that can be done to your PT1911.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice! I'll have to search, there was a thread on glocktalk and a guy had his done from butt to muzzle in digital desert camo, looked great.

Nice photoshop skills BTW!

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Yo Hanzo, I have a couple of questions: will you be doing your own refinishing, or
will you have it done by someone else? Also those pictures, are they shots of other
folks who had their PT1911's refinished? Oh, by the way, those pictures are absolutely
fantastic!

And when you do get your PT1911 done, please post some feedback & more pics, so
we can check out the results.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,

those were just photoshopped from stock pictures i got from the taurus site.

i wanted to know how it would look like if i chromed the parts and changed the grip to wood before actually sending my pistol to the smith for a refinish job.

i still have the photoshop file i can take requests on your ideal finish and try to make a visualization of it and post it here.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The first four are my favorite. Hey maybe you should send them into Taurus, ya never know :D

Mike

·
Registered
111 Posts
my thoughts on my 1911 are to hard chrome the slide and deep polished blue frame as the finish on my daaily carry PT1911 is starting to get thin near the muzzel and on the left rear of the slide area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm very interested in refinishing mine as well (and I just bought it, ha!) The finish is indeed far too thin. I was highly considering having the entire frame and slide hard chromed. Anyone done this? I've seen some fantastic results on other firearms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts