Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my first trip to the range with my new pt1911 I had a round FTFeed. After firing a round the slide didnt go forward all the way(probably a half centimeter shy). When I went to fire the hammer didnt drop thats when I noticed the slide. So I released the mag and attempted to rack the slide to extract the round. Well after doing this for a while I gave up and brought the gun back home to mess with it some. I can move the slide a few millimeters towards the rear but not enough to matter. Any suggestions on how to remove this live round that jammed up after feeding incorrectly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me just 2 days ago. Did you try racking the slide all the way back & see if the breech would close on the chambered round??? I did this and was able to get the round to fire, ejuect, and load a fresh round.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine does the same thing. My gunsmith ended up 'slapping' the slide forward with a strong left-hand bump. The round moved forward and the jam was cleared...for a while. Out of 100 rounds I would say that I have to 'smack' the slide about 4 to 6 times. I've tried different ammo and even polished the feed ramp my self, which helped a bit. I think the round is getting hung up in one of the 3 groove located on the top of the slide, in front of the barrel, or it's hanging up on the top of the barrel, not making it into the chamber.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It sounds more like it might be hanging up under the extractor and not fully seating leaving it at a bad angle to enter the chamber.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It sounds like you've got something there. How do you fix that?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Take a stone, not a Dremel grinder but a fine hand slip, to it and smooth it out a little at a time until you have a positive feed. Using a dummy round, behind the extractor...it shouldn't be a loose fit but snug. Since it isn't doing it all the time, polishing it with Flitz, or for that matter, fine dental tooth polish might suffice. (You can use the Dremel to polish. LOL)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts