Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some videos of my PT1911:
The "Bill Drill" from the holster, 6 hits on target in less than 2 seconds.

The "Mozambique Drill" 2 center mass, 1 in the "upper A/B zone" 1.29 seconds.

The gun used:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very nice.. Wish I had a place to do drills like that here in CT.. :'(

What distance was your moz. drill at? I remember it well from my training days. Better safe than sorry I say (Last thing you want is an armor wearer shooting back atcha).. ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eagle:
No, it did not. The rear is a Bo-mar that I had lying around and the front is a fiber optic - can't remember the brand. Additionally, the trigger, sear, disconnector, hammer, mainspring housing, mag release button and mag well have all been changed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eagle
They do come with adequate sights, triggers and internals. I was actually surprised at how nice it was. However, I have my preferences for the guns I carry or compete with. Since I do both with this one, I set it up that way.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Lurper:

Did that BoMar just fit right into the dovetail with no smithing??

The Heines are OK for my 145, but I have a feeling I'm going to want something a little better on the 1911 (Dealer called, I'm picking it up today!!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, they don't fit in the factory dovetail. There may be some sights that do, I just have never found any that I like as much as the BMCS. For the money, the PT1911 can't be beat. Especially if you like it the way it is, however it is also an excellent base for building on as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts