Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here here and it's a question regarding the PT1911.

I seem to recall links on Taurus' website for PT1911 pistols in 9mm, but they were not fleshed out with all the information. Now, those links are gone. Does anyone know if Taurus plans on selling a 9mm PT1911?

For those who are of the M1911's-must-be-.45's school, I'm sorry. You may now begin vomiting at the thought of a "1911" in 9mm. I just find the ol' .45 a tad bit uncomfortable. ;)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Have you thought about handloading? You can lighten the .45 ACP through use of approved lighter loads (i.e., 6 gr Bullseye for a stout load under a 185 gr hard lead bullet... or 5 gr Bullseye for a mild recoil under a 146 gr round nose hard lead.

If you don't reload, wait and shop... the question everyone has on their mind is just how far Taurus is willing to tread into the 1911 wadding pool. Surely their success with the .45 ACP should set the standard for a renewed interest in the market?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Cimarron said:
If you don't reload, wait and shop... the question everyone has on their mind is just how far Taurus is willing to tread into the 1911 wadding pool.
This is very sound advice!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Cimarron,

I think I'll go the wait-n-shop route. Reloading isn't an option for me at this point. If I get enough trigger time with a .45 maybe I can come back to the PT1911 in .45, but I am a newbie to handguns and the 9mm was an instant hint where the .45 was not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.