Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
North Star said:
I have the PT1911 AR and found a belt holster from www.shadow.com. Great holsters for very little. He will form fit it for you for $35.00. great bargain.
Shadow.com is a web hosting company, google results are hit and miss :\

·
Administrator
40,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I saw one on the Mernickle website the other day, a PS6 they call it. Highest riding holster I ever saw. Might be good for the big 1911. I keep going back to Tucker though and looking. I have my concealed gun, so I probably won't carry the 1911, but with a good holster I can if I want to. I want a holster and new grips and I've looked at a lot so far. I'm takin' my time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
All you 1911 shooters, and revolver shooters as well should take a look at www.mernickleholsters.com. Bob Mernickle is a world class speed shooter and makes custom and off the shelf leather gear (belts included) for just about any handgun you can think of. Very high quality workmanship and customer service is outstanding. It's worth your time to check out this site.

Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Packing Iron shows an interesting 1911 leather holster. It has a lot of spots and gee jaws but the holster design is great and is a Mexican loop. More of an older traditional carry on the hip style. I am making one and will post the photo when it's done.
Triggersmith

·
Registered
42 Posts
rdoggsilva said:
Do you regularly carry hammer down on an empty chamber? what's that called again, Condition 1? Condition 3? I can never remember...

(BTW, in many circumstances that question could be considered a flame. That's not my intention. I'm just a nosy SOB.)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Condition 0 - A round is in the chamber, hammer is cocked, and the safety is off.

Condition 1 - Also known as "cocked and locked," means a round is in the chamber, the hammer is cocked, and the manual thumb safety on the side of the frame is applied.

Condition 2 - A round is in the chamber and the hammer is down.

Condition 3 - The chamber is empty and hammer is down with a charged magazine in the gun.

Condition 4 - The chamber is empty, hammer is down and no magazine is in the gun.

In a 1911 without a firing pin block, Condiditon 2 is considered unsafe. Many argue that even with series 80 models (including the PT1911) that it is still unsafe. Personally, I believe that condition 2 is safe with a series 80 gun, but that the transition from condition 1 to condition 2 DOES have potential for an AD. Point the weapon in a safe direction, focus on the task at hand and be very careful.

Getting back on topic... I continue to be impressed by the comfort and concealabililty provided by The Answer from Tucker.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Smokewagon, these aren't mine, but I found you some pics to look at.

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ohh, I like that Ostrich skin!

Not nice to post pics and not say who makes 'em, texas shooter. :mad: ;D

·
Administrator
40,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Bookmarked. Wow! 16 to 20 weeks.

·
Administrator
40,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Dang, I can match holsters to my boots and belts. Talk about BBQ rigs! :zzz:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Just tell him your from here, maybe he'll speed it up. I just buy the plain leather ones from him, I like the undercover model with the foward cant. I got one last month for my .44 Tracker, never found a holster before that fit that gun right. I will post pic on it soon, I could carry conceled if I wanted. Remember gents he gives members 10% off, and again I get nothing from this. Do a search there's some pics of some of my guns on me with these.

·
Registered
42 Posts
How about those El Cheapo injection molded pistol & mag holsters that many manufacturers include along with the gun sometimes? Anyone know one of those that will fit a PT1911? AND works left handed?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts