Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see some pictures of your PT1911 holsters. My new one needs something to ride around in. All my guns wear leather, but I'm open right now to anything you may be using. ;)

Registered
I did a lot of searching, and two brands kept coming up with good results. The Crossbreed Super Tuck, and an IWB tuckable from Tucker Texas Gun Leather.

I ordered my Crossbreed last week, I can't wait for it to show.

Registered
This is a R.O. Gunleather, OWB.

A Nick Mathews IWB

I hope this helps, Smoke.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The R.O. Gunleather OWB looks nice. Appears to ride high and have a good forward cant. Most likely it'll be OWB for this one.

Registered
hey smoke,i heard somthing on the news last month that they were trying to make texas an open carry state.that would really be cool with a OWB holster.have you heard anything about this?

TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
That would be nice. I wouldn't want to open carry so much, but would like the relaxed part of the strict concelament laws. ;)

Registered
i agree,my main means of transportation is a sportbike and as you probably have seen our shirts rise up behind us and would show the gun.so i have to keep it in the tank bag and you cant transfer it to the holster in public by law.thus this would help me out very much.

Registered
I have a Tucker Gunleather Answer for mine. Very comfortable. Wear it at about 8:30 (I'm a lefty - 3:30 for you wrong-brained folks) and raised the back belt clip one position to give it a more forward cant. It disappears under a tee-shirt unless I lean way over, as if picking something up from the ground. With something heavier than a tee shirt, I think it would all but disappear. The kydex is leather lined. I won't go so far as to say I forget its there (the gun does weigh 2.5 pounds unloaded), but the weight is well distributted and there's no discomfort after a day of carrying it.

I bought my PT1911 as part of a trade in of a PT111 and I don't have an other 'carry' weapon. I thought I would need to get a smaller one for regular carry, but with the Answer I don't *need* to. I still *want* to, but that's just because I want more guns. ;-)

Registered
A good mesh riding jacket with a kidney pad would cover it. :) Just giving you guff, no offense meant. But I did go flying off a goldwing 2 years ago with full riding gear on. Broke things and took a roadside nap for a little while before the helicopter ride, but my hide was 100% still there. Ride safe.

rwcreigh said:
i agree,my main means of transportation is a sportbike and as you probably have seen our shirts rise up behind us and would show the gun.so i have to keep it in the tank bag and you cant transfer it to the holster in public by law.thus this would help me out very much.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm all for the open carry movement, but it's not my style. I can conceal a OWB carry. Like Flyer says, it would relax the concealed carry concerns. :thumb:

I gotta admit, being a small guy, I'm concerned carrying. If I 'accidentaly' flash, I could be slapped with a misdameanor and have my license suspended.

It's doubtful that it would go to that extreme, but the law states that as punishment.

Registered
That is whats nice about Utah, we can OC and if your CCW accidentally shows your not in trouble. Alot of guys out here do OC, kind of nice to do it in the summer. And Smoke it does ride high. That is what I like about it.

Registered
Flyer said:
I gotta admit, being a small guy, I'm concerned carrying. If I 'accidentaly' flash, I could be slapped with a misdameanor and have my license suspended.

It's doubtful that it would go to that extreme, but the law states that as punishment.
Move to Arizona. You will have nothing to fear. ;D

Registered
flyer, i believe that unless they can make a case for it being an intentional flash, all they can do is detain you for an accidental display until they check all your info out

Most likely that will be the outcome, but if (hypethetically of course) there was an individual screaming, he flashed his gun blah blah, and the cop was having a bad day ... well, you could see where that would go.

Registered
Merlinspop said:
I have a Tucker Gunleather Answer for mine. Very comfortable. Wear it at about 8:30 (I'm a lefty - 3:30 for you wrong-brained folks) and raised the back belt clip one position to give it a more forward cant. It disappears under a tee-shirt unless I lean way over, as if picking something up from the ground. With something heavier than a tee shirt, I think it would all but disappear. The kydex is leather lined. I won't go so far as to say I forget its there (the gun does weigh 2.5 pounds unloaded), but the weight is well distributted and there's no discomfort after a day of carrying it.

I bought my PT1911 as part of a trade in of a PT111 and I don't have an other 'carry' weapon. I thought I would need to get a smaller one for regular carry, but with the Answer I don't *need* to. I still *want* to, but that's just because I want more guns. ;-)
Thanks, Merlinspop. I appreciate the nice comments on Tucker's Answer IWB.
Rob

Registered
Does anyone here have a holster for a PT 1911 with rails? The rails on the Taurus PT 1911 have a more aggressive positioning than most other 1911's and don't fit into a standard '1911 with rails' holster. (either that or a different type of rail system)

Registered
The only one I found thus far is made by Brigade Gun Leather out of Kansas. A little pricey and one hell of a wait. Mine is almost done and should be receiving it shortly. I'll post pics when I get it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts