Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, can anyone recommend a good quality and inexpensive Holster for the PT1911. I currently have the Fobus Roto Paddle Holster, but I'm not sure its what I want. I use a Fobus paddle holster for my XD and its fine, but I'm thinking I need something different.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't have a picture, but my Safariland #528-53 COLT fits the PT1911 perfectly and holds the gun high and tight against the body. No need for a thumbreak and has a tab to prevent the thumb safety from touching your body.

Google it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I hate those "high ride" holsters, they make me feel like my gun is up to my armpits.maybe that is because of my 300lbs fat ass :D

Db

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
RWP said:
I sure like my sharkskin Rocking W.
About $65.00 shipped.

RwP
Pretty and not bad for a full sharkskin (front & back?)

But I believe the criteria was inexpensive. The Fobos is probably the best in the $20 range. Look at the holsters on ebay... the one thing you will find is that holsters for the 1911 are like pringles potato chips... you can't have just one!

·
Registered
141 Posts
If a material other than leather and not to expensive is your objective, go to Galco
website: there you will find the M3X Matrix, injection molded plastic for $29 and a single magazine holder, M15X, for $19.95. I also got a belt made of the same material, but I couldn't find it in the website this time. Anyhow the whole deal came to $85. I have a stainless PT1911. I have a CCW. My job requires I get dirty and pretty sweaty, particularly in the warmer months. This combination has worked well for me and, due to the stainless finish of the gun, the holster has not caused any scrape marks, etc. You might check it out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi, 44M. The reason I prefer the high ride Safariland is based on former LEO experience. The higher it rode, the less chance of the bottom of the holster protruding below a windbreaker or a leather jacket. All about concealability.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just posted on another thread that I searched the net for the late few evenings and came up with Ray's Holsters at www.shado.com . I order the Sable for $35.00
I have the PT-1911 AR and was told that hey could custom fit it for me. I will be getting next week. Oh, did I mention that it is all leather. Money was my motivation as well. I will report back after it's arrival. Check it out. Maybe worth it for you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
North Star:

I just looked at their holster and can't believe the prices - $35 is amazing for what looks like a darn good holster. Let us know your take on it after it arrives.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
AZ605 said:
North Star:

I just looked at their holster and can't believe the prices - $35 is amazing for what looks like a darn good holster. Let us know your take on it after it arrives.
Sounds like a great deal to me too. Would like to see it with gun in it.

·
Super Moderator
21,581 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Try Fist, inc. Leather holsters. I just bought my second holster from them for my PT1911. Excellent Quality and craftsmanship and a fare price. My first one was for my 24/7 pro. I bought the #12 Basic. It's an OWB and ride high with a forward cant.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I am like a little kid on Christmas Eve. ;D I am eager to see this holster. Called Carol at Ray's Holsters. She said that Ray had to hand fit the holster to accommodate the Tact Rail on my PT-1911 AR. I should have it by this weekend. Come on Santa.... :) ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
North Star,

After you get that Shado holster report back on how well it is working. I looked at their belt slide thumbsnap and it looks like a nice holster.

Des

·
Registered
39 Posts
North Star said:
I am like a little kid on Christmas Eve. ;D I am eager to see this holster. Called Carol at Ray's Holsters. She said that Ray had to hand fit the holster to accommodate the Tact Rail on my PT-1911 AR. I should have it by this weekend. Come on Santa.... :) ;)
thoughts?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts