Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I saw one at a shop on Wednesday when I bought my PT1911. The only difference from the PT1911 is that it comes with a Crimson Trace Grip Laser. For me, the pressure switch for the laser, which is on the front strap of the grip, was awkwardly positioned between where my fingers wanted to naturally rest. I'm sure this is just a personal problem.
The laser added $225 to the proce tag.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I used to have one. It shot REALLY well, The lasergrips worked for me too. I didn't even notice activating them was fully automatic.
It fed everything I fed it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
+ 1 to the CT grips I have them on 3 diff. pistols and in 2 years never had a failure or Batt. go dead, I replace the battery's every year just to make sure but I use them a lot for practice in the darkness of the basement.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got one a few weeks ago for a good price. This was my first 1911 and boy it is nice. 200 rounds of 230 grain fmj, 200 rounds of 200 grain swc, and 150 rounds of 200 grain rs and not a single problem. These are all reloads. Accuracy is good to very good for my skills. I'm in the process of fitting an EGW bushing for it this week to tigthen the groups a little bit more. Good looks, good price, and good groups...it was a no brainer for me. It has some real appeal too. My wife likes polymer pistols almost exclussively. I met her at the range the other day and she was going to town with my new 1911. I went down the line a bit and the next thing I know my new gun is the range show piece. She's showing off the laser grips and her range buddies are trying to recreate the crimson trace commercials where all the bullets go in the same hole illuminated by the laser.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts